IISER Admissions 2020
The Joint Admissions Committee 2020 will conduct centralised counselling for admissions to 5-year BS-MS Degree programmes of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and 4-year BS programmes at IISER Bhopal.
Application portal for admission to all IISERs for the academic year 2019-20 will open in March 2020.
Admissions will be done through:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) Channel
- State and Central Boards (SCB) Channel
Modes of Admission
- Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions.
- Additional class XII marks cutoff criteria is applicable. Check category-wise cutoff percentage for 2019 here.
- Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10,000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who belong to reserved category (OBC (NC), SC, ST, PD) must secure a respective category rank within 10,000.
- Check detailed information about JEE (Advanced) here.
- Additional class XII marks cutoff criteria is applicable. Candidates need to either score more than the cutoff percentage or obtain a minimum 75% marks (GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL) or 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in their Class XII examination.
- A maximum of 50% of the seats will be allocated through KVPY and JEE Advanced channels.
- Remaining seats will be filled through the SCB channel based on the merit in the IISER aptitude test.
- Unfilled seats from KVPY and JEE channels will also be added to the SCB channel for allotment.
- OBC-NCL (27%)
- SC (15%)
- ST (7.5%)
- Persons with Disability (5% Supernumerary)
- KM (3 seats per IISER, Supernumerary)
- EWS (up to 10%)
The registration fee for IISER Admissions 2020 is yet to be announced. Application fee for last year was:
|GEN, EWS and OBC (Non-Creamy) Candidates||₹2000|
|SC, ST and PwD Candidates||₹1000|
|Foreign Nationals||USD 100|
Note: Each channel requires a separate online application and payment of application fees.
- The registrations for IISER Admissions 2020 will begin on March 23, 2020 for SCB channel, April 24, 2020 for KVPY channel and June 1, 2020 for JEE Advanced channel.
- The last date to register is April 30, 2020 (5 PM) for SCB channel, May 22, 2020 (5 PM) for KVPY channel and June 10, 2020 (5 PM) for JEE Advanced channel.
- Interested candidates need to visit IISER Admission website and register with a valid email address.
- Fill in the basic details and upload a self-photograph in the registration form.
- If applying through SCB channel, enter the subject-wise marks in the prescribed form (name of the subject, marks obtained out of maximum marks).
- Pay the application fees online.
- Download a copy of the application for future reference.
- Candidates can apply through more than one channel provided the candidate meets eligibility criteria.
- Each channel requires a separate online application and payment of application fee.
- Once the candidate has submitted the application, no information contained in the application form can be changed.
Filling-in of Choices
- Candidates need to provide their choice preferences in the online Application form.
- Candidates should have passed/appearing in Class XII examination in science stream either in 2019 or 2020 and also satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who want to fill the 4-year BS Programme choice should have Mathematics as one of the subjects in class XII examination.
- It is important for candidates to carefully prioritise the academic programs while filling-in the choices.
The seat allotment is based on:
- Availability of seats in respective IISERs
- Candidate’s rank in the merit list
- Candidate’s preferences
- If a candidate has been allotted a seat in any of the IISERs, the candidate needs to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee (within the due date) in order to accept the Admission offer and confirm that the candidate intends to join.
- The Seat Acceptance Fee is ₹25,000 for General/EWS/OBC-NC/KM category candidates and ₹12,500 for SC/ST/PwD category candidates.
- The seat acceptance fee will be adjusted against the 1st-Semester fee by the admitting institute.
Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that they are content with the allocated academic program and that they do not want to participate in further rounds of seat allocation. Such candidates will NOT be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program of better/higher preference in any Institute is offered, they will accept it. Else, they will continue with the currently accepted academic program. Such candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
- A candidate, who has already accepted a seat allotted by JAC, can withdraw the seat through the application portal before the stipulated date (to be notified soon).
- There is no cancellation fee if withdrawal is made by the candidate within this time.
- If a candidate withdraws from the IISER system before the stipulated date (to be notified soon), a full refund (except for bank charges, if any) will be made.
- If a candidate withdraws from the IISER system after the stipulated date (to be notified soon), the Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) will be completely forfeited and no refund will be made.
Each channel requires a separate online application and payment of application fees. You must meet the eligibility criteria for each channel through which you wish to apply.
|Application portal opens for KVPY channel||April 24, 2020 (11 AM)|
|Last date for applications through KVPY channel||May 22, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Seat Allotment: Round 1|
|List of allotted candidates published (Round 1)||June 1, 2020|
|Submission of Seat Acceptance Fee begins (Round 1)||June 1, 2020|
|Last date for submission of Seat Acceptance Fee (Round 1)||June 5, 2020|
|Seat Allotment: Round 2|
|List of allotted candidates published (Round 2)||June 6, 2020|
|Submission of Seat Acceptance Fee begins (Round 2)||June 6, 2020|
|Last date for submission of Seat Acceptance Fee (Round 2)||June 10, 2020|
|Application portal opens for JEE channel||June 1, 2020 (11 AM)|
|Last date for applications through JEE channel||June 10, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Seat Allotment: Round 1|
|List of allotted candidates published (Round 1)||June 11, 2020|
|Submission of Seat Acceptance Fee begins (Round 1)||June 11, 2020|
|Last date for submission of Seat Acceptance Fee (Round 1)||June 15, 2020|
|Seat Allotment: Round 2|
|List of allotted candidates published (Round 2)||June 16, 2020|
|Submission of Seat Acceptance Fee begins (Round 2)||June 16, 2020|
|Last date for submission of Seat Acceptance Fee (Round 2)||June 20, 2020|
|Announcement of class XII cutoff criteria||TBA; Expected: March 2020|
|Release of Mock Test||TBA; Expected: March 2020|
|Opening of Admission portal||March 23, 2020 (11 AM)|
|Last date for applications||April 30, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Admit Card downloading for IISER aptitude test||May 18, 2020|
|IISER aptitude test for SCB channel||May 31, 2020|
|Release of IAT Provisional Answer Key||June 1, 2020|
|Availability of Candidates Responses||June 2, 2020|
|Last date to submit objection on Answer Key||June 4, 2020|
|Release of IAT Final Answer Key||June 8, 2020|
|IAT Result Declaration||TBA; Expected: June 2020|
|Counselling||June 22, 2020 – July 19, 2020|
|Start of Academic session||August 3, 2020|
Candidates can contact IISER authorities through written communication, phone or email.
|IISER Contact Information|
Joint Admissions Committee 2020,
Indian Institute of Science Education & Research Thiruvananthapuram,
Maruthamala PO, Vithura,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695551, Kerala (India)
|Admission Helpline||0471-2778200, 0471-2778182|