IIIT Hyderabad Admissions 2023: Boards Mode
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIITH) is an autonomous university and has evolved strong research programmes in various areas. It conducts institutional level counselling for admission to its B.Tech and Dual Degree programmes.
UPDATE (Jun 6, 2023): Registrations for Boards Mode Admissions have closed.
UPDATE (Apr 11, 2023): Registrations for Boards Mode Admissions have started.
IIIT Hyderabad has released the notification for admission to Dual Degree Programmes through Board scores. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of aggregate score for Science and Humanities streams. These candidates have to appear for an interview. Admissions will be solely based on the performance in the interview.
Check other modes of admission here.
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Natural Sciences by Research (5 year course)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computing and Human Sciences by Research (5 year course)
Marks in Qualifying Examination
The candidate must have passed or appearing in the Class XII or equivalent examination from a recognised Board/University and secure a minimum of 90% marks in Mathematics.
Science Stream: The candidate should also have obtained 90% or more as aggregate marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Such candidates are eligible for the CND programme.
Humanities Stream: The candidate should also have obtained 85% or more as aggregate marks in Maths and any one subject among History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, English Elective, and Sociology. Such candidates are eligible for the CHD programme.
Criteria of Selection
- Candidates will be ranked based on the aggregate score for respective streams (Science and Humanities). In case of a tie, Percentage obtained in Mathematics followed by Total percentage in the board exam is considered for tie-break.
- 50 candidates from the Science stream (for CND course) and 25 candidates from the Humanities stream (for CHD course) will be called for interview. Admissions will be solely based on the performance in the interview.
- The registration for IIIT Hyderabad Admissions 2023 through Boards mode will begin on April 11, 2023.
- The last date to register is June 6, 2023.
How to apply
- Candidates are required to give course choices in preferential order.
- Candidates must include only those programmes in the branch preference list in which they are seriously interested.
- The admission process has multiple rounds.
- In each round, the institute will allot a seat to the applicant, and the applicant will have a deadline by which they can accept or decline the allotted seat.
- In the event no seat is allotted to the applicant, the applicant must explicitly agree to participate in further rounds. This is not automatic.
- An applicant who is allotted a seat should use the IIIT-H portal to explicitly accept the seat and pay the required fees.
- Applicants who fail to do so will have their seat allotment cancelled and will not be considered for the further rounds of admission.
Continuation to Further Rounds
- An applicant must explicitly agree to participate in further rounds of seat allotments.
- This requires logging onto the IIIT-H portal and indicating acceptance and paying the required fee.
- Applicants who fail to do so will not be considered for further seat allotment rounds.
- An applicant can cancel his/her seat allotment at any time before reporting to the institute.
- Depending on the round of seat allotment and the date of cancellation, appropriate refund will be sent back to the applicant by the end of December 2023.
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹1,80,000|
IIIT-H provides Financial assistance to candidates to complete their graduation. Check complete details here
To be Announced
|Application Portal opens for Boards mode||April 11, 2023|
|Application Portal closes for Boards mode||June 6, 2023|
|Interview||June 19 – June 20, 2023|
To know more about IIIT Hyderabad, go here.
Candidates can contact IIITH through written communication, phone or email.
|IIITH Contact Information|
|Address||UG Admissions, IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli,|
Hyderabad-500032, Telangana (India)
|Admission Helpline||040-66531250, 040-66531337|