AIT Pune Admissions 2023
Army Institute of Technology (AIT) Pune is an undergraduate engineering college established in 1994 and affiliated to the University of Pune. Only wards of serving/retired Army personnel are eligible to apply for admission to AIT. It conducts institutional level counselling for admission to its B.Tech programmes.
UPDATE: AIT Pune has released the initial admission notification for the academic year 2023-24 and registrations will start from February 15, 2023. Admissions will be done on the basis of All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main) 2023.
UPDATE (Jun 13, 2023): AIT Pune Provisional Merit List has been announced, read AIT Pune Merit List.
The candidate must be a citizen of India OR a person of Indian origin who obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
The candidate must be a child of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel or war widows of the Army. The parent should have completed a minimum of 10 years of service in the Army.
The candidate must have passed or must be appearing in the Class XII or equivalent examination from a recognised Board/University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects and obtained at least 45% marks in the above subjects taken together.
The candidate must appear for one or more sessions of JEE (Main) 2023 (January exam/ April exam). Admissions will be done through merit list released by NTA.
A candidate who has completed First Year engineering from any Institute throughout the country is NOT eligible for re-admission in First Year Engineering at AIT.
Criteria of Selection
Admissions will be based on the All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main) 2023 examination after addition of awards weightage, if any.
Additional weightage will be added to the marks obtained in JEE Main, if either of the parents have been awarded any of the following gallantry awards.
|Param Vir Chakra||5.00%|
|Sena Medal (Gallantry Only)||1.00%|
|Mention in Despatches||1.00%|
|Battle Casualties including Disabled in Action – 51% and more disability||3.00%|
|Battle Casualties including Disabled in Action – Upto 50% disability||2.00%|
|Physical Casualties including died in service w/o attributability to Mil Service||3.00%|
|Physical Casualties including Disabled in service with or w/o attributability to Mil Service and Boarded- out.||2.00%|
The prescribed registration fee for AIT Pune Admissions 2023 is ₹700.
- The registration for AIT Pune Admissions 2023 will begin on February 15, 2023.
- The last date to register without late fee is
April 30, 2023 May 20, 2023May 31, 2023.
- Students can also register with a late fee of Rs. 500 till
May 20, 2023June 10, 2023.
- The aspiring candidate should go to AIT Pune website and click on “Apply Now” or directly go here.
- Fill up the application form completely and pay the fees through credit/debit card or net-banking.
- The AIT Application Form must be accompanied with soft copy of JEE Main Admit Card.
- Take a print out of the confirmation page for future reference.
- A merit list is prepared on the basis of JEE Main marks after adding the weightage for Gallantry Award / War Widow bonus marks (if any).
- The provisional merit list and final merit list are expected to be released in the month of June 2023.
- Only wards of Army and Ex-Army personnel will be considered in the merit list. Wards of Navy, Air Force, Assam Rifles, GREF, BSF, Paramilitary Forces, and Defence Civilians etc. will not be considered.
- Previous Year Merit Lists can be checked here.
- There will be multiple rounds of seat allotment.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat can reserve their seat on payment of a non-refundable fee before the specified deadline.
- Non-reserved seats will be adjusted on a merit basis in the next Round.
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹1,000|
|One Time Fees||₹14,350|
|Tuition Fee (per Year)||₹1,77,450|
|Other Fees (per Year)||₹33,570|
AIT Pune offers limited scholarships under various schemes. Refer to AIT Pune Scholarships 2023.
Academic Fees Refund
- If a candidate withdraws before the course begins, the candidate will be refunded the entire fee after the deduction of processing fee of Rs. 1,000. An additional deduction of seat reservation fee of Rs. 10,000 will be made if candidate was offered his/her First Choice.
- If a candidate withdraws within 15 days after commencement of the classes, the candidate will be refunded the entire fee after a deduction of Rs. 25,000.
- If a candidate withdraws after 15 days of commencement of the classes, no fee will be refunded.
Hostel Fees Refund
- If a candidate withdraws before the course begins, the candidate will be refunded the entire fee paid after the deduction of actual charges for stay. A single day of the month will be treated as a month.
- If a candidate withdraws after after 15 days of commencement of the classes, one year Hostel charges will be deducted and Mess charges will be deducted as Actual.
|Start of filling of Online Application||February 15, 2023|
|Last date of filling of Online Application|
|Start of filling of Online Application with late fee of Rs. 500|
|Last date of filling of Online Application with late fee of Rs. 500|
|Declaration of AIT Provisional Merit list||June 12, 2023|
|Declaration of AIT Final Merit list||June 16, 2023|
|Submission of Branch Choice||June 16 – June 21, 2023|
|Counselling Round 1|
|Provisional Allotment List (Round 1)||June 26, 2023|
|Deposit of Seat Booking Amount (Round 1)||July 17 – July 20, 2023|
|Display of Vacancy||TBA|
|Reporting to AIT for admission, verification||TBA|
|Commencement of Academic Session||TBA|
To know more about AIT Pune, go here.
Candidates can contact AIT through written communication, phone or email.
|AIT Pune Contact Information|
|Address||Army Institute of Technology,|
Alandi Road, Dighi Hills,
Pune-411015, Maharashtra (India)
|Phone||7249250184, 7249250185, 020-27157612; Extension 2123|