AIT Pune Admissions 2019
Army Institute of Technology (AIT) Pune is an undergraduate engineering college affiliated to the University of Pune. Only wards of serving/retired Army personnel are eligible to apply for admission to AIT. It conducts institutional level counselling for admission to its B.Tech programmes.
UPDATE: AIT Pune has released the admission notification for the academic year 2019-20. Admissions will be done on the basis of All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main) 2019.
The candidate’s date of birth must fall on or after October 1, 1994.
The candidate must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
The candidate must be a child of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel or war widows of the Army. The parent should have completed a minimum of 10 years of service in the Army.
The candidate must have passed or must be appearing in the Class XII or equivalent examination from a recognised Board/University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks in the above subjects taken together.
The candidate must appear for either JEE (Main) January Exam OR JEE (Main) April Exam OR both. Admissions will be done through merit list released by NTA.
A candidate who has completed First Year engineering from any Institute throughout the country is NOT eligible for re-admission in First Year Engineering at AIT.
Criteria of Selection
Admissions will be based on the All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main) 2019 examination.
The prescribed registration fee for AIT Pune Admissions 2019 is ₹1000.
- The registration for AIT Pune Admissions 2019 will begin on March 15, 2019.
- The last date to register without late fee is April 25, 2019.
- Students can also register with a late fee of Rs. 1000 from April 26, 2019 to May 5, 2019.
- The aspiring candidate should go to AIT Pune website and click on “Apply Now” or directly go here.
- Fill up the application form completely and pay the fees through credit/debit card or net-banking.
- Take a print out of the confirmation page for future reference.
- A merit list is prepared on the basis of JEE Main marks after adding Gallantry Award / War Widow bonus marks (if any).
- The provisional merit list and final merit list are expected to be released in the month of May 2019.
- Only wards of Army and Ex-Army personnel will be considered in the merit list. Wards of Navy, Air Force, Assam Rifles, GREF, BSF, Paramilitary Forces, and Defence Civilians etc. will not be considered.
- There will be multiple rounds of seat allotment.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat can reserve their seat on payment of a non-refundable fee before the specified deadline.
- Non-reserved seats will be adjusted on a merit basis in the next Round.
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹1,000|
|One Time Fees||₹7,865|
|Tuition Fee (per Annum)||₹1,27,000|
|Value Added Courses (One Time)||₹5,500|
|Other Fees (per Annum)||₹21,815|
- AGIF scholarship of Rs 40,000 per year is awarded to one in four students of AIT. Also, prestigious DLF Raghavendra, TATA Merit, ZS Associates, Persistent, Badve, and Indian Express Readers Merit Scholarships are awarded to meritorious students.
- A large number of Merit cum Means scholarships are also disbursed every year to eligible students. Overall students are awarded Rs 1.7 Crores as scholarships/awards at AIT every year.
- If a candidate withdraws before the course begins, the candidate will be refunded the entire fee after the deduction of processing fee of Rs. 1,000.
- If a candidate withdraws after joining the course and if the vacated seat is consequently filled by another student by the last date of admission, the candidate will be refunded the entire fee after the deduction of processing fee of Rs. 1,000 and proportionate deduction of a monthly fee.
- If a candidate withdraws after joining the course and if the vacated seat is not filled, the candidate will be refunded the security deposit only.
|Start of filling of Online Application||March 15, 2019|
|Last date of filling of Online Application||April 25, 2019|
|Start of filling of Online Application with late fee of Rs. 1000||April 26, 2019|
|Last date of filling of Online Application with late fee of Rs. 1000||May 5, 2019|
|Declaration of AIT Merit list||TBA; Expected: May 2019|
|Admission at AIT||TBA; Expected: June 2019|
To know more about AIT Pune, go here.
Candidates can contact AIT through written communication, phone or email.
|AIT Pune Contact Information|
|Address||Army Institute of Technology,|
Alandi Road, Dighi Hills,
Pune-411015, Maharashtra (India)
|Phone||020-27157612; Extension 2123|