LATEST UPDATE (Apr 15, 2018): BITSAT 2018 Official Sample Test Released, read more here.
- UPDATE (Apr 12, 2018): BITSAT 2018 Hall Ticket Released, read more here.
- UPDATE (Apr 11, 2018): BITSAT 2018 Hall Ticket Announcement, read more here.
- UPDATE (Mar 23, 2018): BITSAT 2018 Slot Booking Started, read more here.
- UPDATE (Mar 21, 2018): BITSAT 2018 Test Center Allotted, read more here.
- UPDATE (Mar 19, 2018): BITSAT 2018 Application Closed, Test Center to be announced on Mar 21 2018, read more here.
- UPDATE (Mar 15, 2018): BITSAT 2018: Edit Online Application, read more here.
- UPDATE (Mar 12, 2018): BITSAT 2018: Last Date Extended, read more here.
- UPDATE (Dec 19, 2017): BITSAT 2018: Registrations started, read more here.
- UPDATE (Dec 12, 2017): BITSAT 2018: Notification Released, read more here.
|Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Also Known As||BITSAT|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||BITS Pilani|
- BITSAT will be of total 3-hour duration (without break).
- All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only.
- All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions) i.e. each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- There will be 150 questions in all.
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency|
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics / Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is till time left.
- These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part.
- Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
May 16, 2018 – May 31, 2018
- Slot I: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Slot II: 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- One must get a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCM / PCB in 12th Examination
- And at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Candidates should possess adequate proficiency in English.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2018 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2016 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018.
- Candidates with PCB as main subjects can only apply for B.Pharm course.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers : First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2018 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2018 score.
The prescribed fee for BITSAT 2018 is ₹2950 (₹2450 for female candidates).
If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center, the application fee for both male and female candidates will be US $70 (or ₹4500).
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2018 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Complete the application form online at BITS website and pay the prescribed fees.
- Take the print out of the filled form for your future reference.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make correction in their application form particulars.
- It is one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- UPDATE: BITSAT 2018 Online Application editing facility is now available, read more here.
- The candidates are required to reserve a test date and slot for taking the BITSAT examination.
- The slot booking will be done on first-come-first-served basis.
- UPDATE: BITSAT 2018 Slot Booking Started, read more here.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- Candidates who have registered for the test and reserved test dates will be able to download the hall ticket from BITS website from April 12 – May 10, 2018.
- A printed copy of the downloaded hall ticket should be produced at the time of examination.
- UPDATE: BITSAT 2018 Hall Ticket Released, read more here.
- Dubai Campus of BITS (International Center)
- Goa Campus of BITS
- Hyderabad Campus of BITS
- Hyderabad City
- Pilani campus of BITS
- If a candidate chooses centers within India, he/she will be asked to give three preferences and will be allotted one out of these three.
- If a candidate chooses Dubai as a center, he/she will not be asked for any other center preference and will be allotted Dubai center only.
Score / Result
- At the completion of the test, the result of the candidate in terms of total number of correct answers and incorrect answers, along with the BITSAT score will be shown on the computer screen.
- The candidate can also check his or her score report at the BITS admission website on the next day of his/her test date.
- No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
- The merit position of eligible candidates (i.e. those who have appeared in BITSAT 2018 and have submitted the application for admission along with 12th marks, preferences and the required fees) will be prepared on the basis of their scores in BITSAT-2018.
- There will be two separate merit lists prepared for admission. One for all the programmes except the B.Pharm. and, the other only for B.Pharm.
Applying for Admission
- In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT, candidates also have to apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered.
- The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure and the final list of Degree programmes offered will be available at the BITS website, by May 1, 2018.
- The completed application form with the required application fee has to be submitted online at the BITS admission site on or before 05:00 PM on June 18, 2018.
|Start of application process||December 19, 2017|
|Deadline to apply|
|Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates||March 15 – March 19, 2018|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||March 21, 2018|
|Candidates to reserve Test dates & slot||March 23 – April 5, 2018|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||April 12 – May 10, 2018|
|BITSAT Online tests||May 16 – May 31, 2018|
|Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks & preferences||May 1 – June 18, 2018|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement||June 20, 2018|
- Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc.
- Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required.
- Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.