- BITSAT-2017 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break).
- All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions) i.e. each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- There will be 150 questions in all.
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency|
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics / Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is till time left.
- These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part.
- Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
BITSAT Online Tests will be conducted from 16th May to 30th May 2017. Each day the exam will be conducted in two slots. The first slot will be from 9.00am till 12.00noon and the second slot will be from 2.00pm till 5.00pm. One needs to reserve his/her test date & time slot during 20th March to 5th April 2017.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- One must get a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCM / PCB in 12th Examination
- And at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Candidates should possess adequate proficiency in English.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2017 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2017 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2017.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2017.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers : First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2017 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2017 score.
The prescribed fee for BITSAT 2017 is ₹2750 (₹2250 for female candidates).
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2017 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Complete the application form online at BITS website and pay the prescribed fees.
- Take the print out of the filled form for your future reference.
Applying for Admission
In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT-2017, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered.
The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure and the final list of Degree programmes offered will be available at the BITS website, by 20th May 2017.
The completed form with the required application fee has to be submitted so as to reach “The Dean Admissions, BITS Pilani-333031, Rajasthan” on or before 5.00 PM on 30th June 2017.
|Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2017|
|Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates||7-10th March, 2017|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||15th March, 2017|
|Candidates to reserve Test dates||20th March to 5th April 2017|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||15th April to 10th May 2017|
|BITSAT Online tests||16th May to 30th May 2017|
|Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks & preferences||20th May to 30th June 2017|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement||1st July 2017|