BITS Admission Test 2020
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is a Computer based online test for Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
UPDATE (Dec 10, 2019): BITSAT 2020 Application Forms to open from January 2020, Subscribe to get notified on Mobile for free.
|Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Also Known As||BITSAT|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||BITS Pilani|
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
- It is a Computer Based Test and candidates should do slot booking for the Test.
- The exam will be of 3 hours duration and will consist of 4 parts.
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- There will be 150 questions in all.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- The candidates can go back and change any of their answers among the 150 questions.
- The medium of Question paper will be English only.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Part||Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency,|
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics / Biology||45|
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 extra questions, if there is still time left.
- These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology with four questions from each subject.
- Also, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
To be Announced; Expected: May 2020
- Slot I: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Slot II: 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have passed the class 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- One must get a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCM / PCB and at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in the qualifying examination, only his/her latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Candidates should possess adequate proficiency in English.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
- Only Students who are appearing for the class 12th examination in 2020 or who have passed in 2019 are eligible to appear.
- Students who have passed the class 12th examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear.
- Candidates with PCB as main subjects can only apply for B.Pharm course.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2020 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT score.
- An official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for BITSAT.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer-based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- Candidates can access the BITSAT official Sample Test here.
- Mock test is for practice purpose only.
BITSAT 2020 Application Fee is yet to be announced. Application fee for last year was ₹3150 (₹2650 for female candidates).
- The registrations for BITSAT 2020 examination are expected to begin from January 2020.
- The last date to apply is expected to be in March 2020.
- Candidates need to visit the BITS website and fill the prescribed application form.
- Upload required documents and pay the examination fees online.
- Take a print of the filled form for future reference.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- The correction facility is expected to open during March 2020.
- The candidates are required to reserve a test date and slot for taking the BITSAT examination.
- The slot booking will be done on the first-come-first-served basis.
- The slot booking process is expected to be open during April 2020.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- Candidates who have registered for the test and reserved test dates will be able to download the hall ticket from BITS website after it’s notified.
- A printed copy of the downloaded hall ticket should be produced at the time of examination.
- BITS Dubai Campus (International)
- BITS Goa Campus
- BITS Hyderabad Campus
- Hyderabad City
- BITS Pilani Campus
- If a candidate chooses centers within India, he/she will be asked to give three preferences and will be allotted one out of these three.
- If a candidate chooses Dubai as a center, he/she will not be asked for any other center preference and will be allotted Dubai center only.
Score / Result
- At the completion of the test, the result of the candidate in terms of the total number of correct answers and incorrect answers, along with the BITSAT score will be shown on the computer screen.
- The candidate can also check his or her score report at the BITS admission website on the next day of his/her test date.
- No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
- The merit position of eligible candidates (i.e. those who have appeared in BITSAT and have submitted the application for admission along with 12th marks, preferences and the required fees) will be prepared on the basis of their scores in BITSAT.
- There will be two separate merit lists prepared for admission. One for all the programmes except the B.Pharm. and, the other only for B.Pharm.
Applying for Admission
- In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT, candidates also have to apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered.
- The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure and the final list of Degree programmes offered will be available at the BITS website by May 2020.
- The completed application form with the required application fee has to be submitted online at the BITS admission site on or before June 2020.
- Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc.
- Blank sheets for rough work will be provided if required.
- Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
|Start of application process||TBA; Expected: January 2020|
|Deadline to apply||TBA; Expected: March 2020|
|Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates||TBA; Expected: March 2020|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||TBA; Expected: March 2020|
|Candidates to reserve Test dates & slot||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|BITSAT Online tests||TBA; Expected: May 2020|
|Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks & preferences||TBA; Expected: May-June 2020|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement||TBA; Expected: June 2020|
Candidates can contact BITS through written communication, phone or email.
|BITS Contact Information|
|Address||Admissions Office, BITS,|
Pilani-333031, Rajasthan (India)
|Phone||01596-242205, 01596-255330, 01596-255294|
|Admission Helpline||07349470595, 09148237202|