- BITSAT will be of total 3-hour duration (without break).
- All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions) i.e. each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- There will be 150 questions in all.
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency|
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics / Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is till time left.
- These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part.
- Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
To be declared
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- One must get a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCM / PCB in 12th Examination
- And at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Candidates should possess adequate proficiency in English.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2018 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2016 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers : First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2018 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2018 score.
The prescribed fee for BITSAT 2018 is ₹2750 (₹2250 for female candidates).
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2018 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Complete the application form online at BITS website and pay the prescribed fees.
- Take the print out of the filled form for your future reference.
Applying for Admission
In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered.
|Deadline to apply||March 2018|
|Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates||March 2018|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||March 2018|
|Candidates to reserve Test dates||March – April 2018|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||April – May 2018|
|BITSAT Online tests||May 2018|
|Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks & preferences||May – June 2018|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement||July 2018|