IISER Aptitude Test 2022
IISERs conduct IISER Aptitude Test under the State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel for admissions to 5-year BS-MS Degree programmes of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and 4-year BS programmes at IISER Bhopal. Students applying through the SCB channel have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test which is conducted at various centres across the country.
|Exam Name||IISER Aptitude Test|
|Also Known As||IAT|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research|
UPDATE (Aug 12, 2022): IAT 2022 exam result has been declared, read IAT 2022 Exam Result.
UPDATE (July 18, 2022): Answer Keys for IISER Aptitude Test are available now, read IAT Answer Keys.
UPDATE (June 23, 2022): Admit Cards for IAT 2022 will be available from June 26, 2022 (3 PM).
UPDATE (June 15, 2022): Application correction window for IAT 2022 will be open from June 17 (11 AM) to June 18 (5 PM).
UPDATE (May 25, 2022): IISER Admissions 2022 Applications are open, check IISER Application Form for detailed Application Procedure.
UPDATE (May 12, 2022): Official Mock Test for IISER Aptitude Test has been released, read IAT Mock Test.
UPDATE (Apr 25, 2022): IAT Applications will be opening soon, Subscribe to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
UPDATE (Apr 24, 2022): IAT 2022 exam date has been revised, read IAT 2022 Exam Date.
- The exam will be a computer-based test (CBT) of 3 hours duration.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- The exam will have a total of 60 questions with 15 questions each from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics subjects.
- Candidates will be awarded 3 marks for each correct answer while 0.75 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- The medium of the paper will be English and Hindi.
- Check the sample questions here.
No. of Questions:
|Subject||No. of MCQ||Total Marks|
June 12, 2022 July 3, 2022
02:00 PM – 05:00 PM
- Students who have passed (10+2) level with science stream in 2021 or 2022 with marks equal or above the cut-off percentage in their respective boards.
- Class XII Performance criteria: Candidates need to obtain a minimum of 60% marks (GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL) or 55% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in their Class XII examination.
- A candidate who has been admitted earlier to any of the IISERs, or who previously accepted a seat in any of the IISERs but did not join, or whose admission to any of the IISERs was cancelled after joining, is not eligible.
- An official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for IAT.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer-based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- The mock test is for practice purposes only.
- Refer to IAT Mock Test for official Mock Tests of previous years’.
Past Question Papers
See previous year Question Papers and Answers here.
IAT 2022 Fee is as follows:
|GEN, EWS and OBC (Non-Creamy) Candidates||₹2000|
|SC, ST, KM and PwD Candidates||₹1000|
|Foreign Nationals||USD 100|
- The registrations for IISER Aptitude Test 2022 examination will begin from
April 25, 2022 May 4, 2022May 25, 2022.
- The last date to register is
May 20, 2022 May 29, 2022June 15, 2022.
- NEW: Refer to IISER Application Form for detailed Application Procedure.
NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
- Interested candidates need to visit the IISER Admission website and register with a valid email address.
- Fill in the basic details and upload a self photograph in the registration form.
- Enter the subject-wise marks in the prescribed form (name of the subject, marks obtained out of maximum marks).
- Pay the application fees online.
- Download a copy of the application for future reference.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- Candidates will be able to correct the data filled in the application form including Photo ID, Marksheet, Category certificate, and IISER preferences.
- UPDATE (June 15, 2022): Application correction window for IAT 2022 will be open from June 17 (11 AM) to June 18 (5 PM).
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
- Candidates can select any five preferred test cities for the IAT examination.
- However, the test city allocation will be subject to availability.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The hall ticket can be downloaded from the IISER Admissions site after it’s notified.
- Please note that the Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates whose Application form is complete in all respects and has been submitted successfully on or before the last date of filling.
- The candidates can download their hall ticket after logging into their account in the application portal on the IISER Admissions site.
- Candidates are required to produce the admit card at the test centre without which entry will not be allowed.
- The answer keys of computer-based examination will be made available on the IAT website.
- If a candidate is unsatisfied with an answer, he/she can challenge the answer keys with all necessary enclosures.
- Provisional Answer Key and Final Answer Key will be released as per schedule.
- UPDATE (July 18, 2022): Answer Keys for IISER Aptitude Test are available now, read IAT Answer Keys.
- A Merit List will be prepared based on the score obtained by the candidate in the examination.
- Admissions in SCB Channel will be done based on the candidate’s rank in the merit list.
- The result of IISER Aptitude Test is expected to be declared after it’s notified.
- If a candidate has been allotted a seat in any of the IISERs, the candidate needs to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee (within the due date) to accept the Admission offer and confirm that the candidate intends to join.
- Read more about Seat Acceptance rules and Refund policy here.
- Candidates will be asked to give college and branch preferences in the online application form.
- The seat allotment will be done based on the availability of seats in respective IISERs, the candidate’s rank in the merit list, and the candidate’s preferences.
- Read more about Seat Acceptance rules and Refund policy here.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have not studied Biology/Mathematics at +2 level, can I take the test?
You must have at least one of the two subjects Mathematics and Biology in class XII. However, the questions will be from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics with equal weightage.
Where is the IISER aptitude test conducted?
It is conducted in various cities across India.
Where/When do I get the hall ticket for the IISER aptitude test?
The hall ticket will be available on the IISER Admissions website a few days before the IISER aptitude test.
I am a class XII science student. To which programmes can I apply in IISERs?
Any student who has qualified Class XII examination in the science stream either in 2021 or 2022 can apply provided he/she meets the eligibility criteria. For applying to the 4 year BS Programmes, students should have Mathematics as one of the subjects in the class XII examination.
|Opening of Admission portal|
|Last date for applications|
|Admit Card downloading for IISER aptitude test||June 26, 2022|
|IISER aptitude test for SCB channel|
|Release of IAT Provisional Answer Key||July 18, 2022|
|Availability of Candidates Responses||July 18, 2022|
|Last date to submit objection on Answer Key||July 20, 2022|
|Release of IAT Final Answer Key||July 27, 2022|
|IAT Result Declaration||August 10, 2022|
|Last date of Uploading XII Marks & Category Certificate||TBA|
|Start of Academic session||TBA|
Candidates can contact IISER authorities through written communication, phone, or email.
|IISER Contact Information|
Joint Admissions Committee 2022,
Indian Institute of Science Education & Research Pune,
Dr.Homi Bhabha Road, Pune – 411008, Maharashtra (India)