It is the Common Entrance Examination in offline mode (paper based examination) for admission to different Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financed Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
|Mathematics, Physics + Chemistry||For seeking admission in Engg./ Tech./ Arch. courses or in Pharmacy course in Jadavpur University|
- It’s a paper based examination.
- The exam will contain different papers for different subjects.
- There will be three categories of questions in each subject.
- Answers are to be marked (bubbled) using only blue/black ball point pen on the OMR Answer Sheet.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||Cat 1 Questions||Cat 2 Questions||Cat 3 Questions|
Question Category 1
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct option will yield 1 (one) mark.
- Incorrect option will yield -¼ (negative ¼) marks.
- For any combination of more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -¼ (negative ¼) marks.
Question Category 2
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct option will yield 2 (two) mark.
- Incorrect option will yield -½ (negative ½) marks.
- For any combination of more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -½ (negative ½) marks.
Question Category 3
- One or more options are correct.
- Marking all correct options only will yield 2 (two) marks.
- For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect options, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and it will yield zero (0) mark.
- For partially correct answers, i.e. when all correct options are not marked and also no incorrect options is marked, marks awarded = 2 X (no of correct options marked) / (total no of actually correct options).
22nd April, 2018 (Sunday)
|Subject||Timing of Examination|
|Paper-I (Mathematics)||11.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.|
|Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||02.00 p.m. to 04.00 p.m.|
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age as on 31.12.2018.
Requirement of domicile certificate
- Candidates seeking admission to Government Engineering/Technology/ Pharmacy Colleges of the state as well as to any Reserve category seats of any Institution, including TFW Category Seats must be domicile of West Bengal.
Rs. 500 + bank’s service charges
- The aspiring candidate should furnish all the details while filling up the Online Application.
- Upload the required documents as applicable for different categories (in JPG format).
- The candidate can pay Examination Fee by Net Banking/Debit/Credit card or by Allahabad Bank Challan.
- A confirmation page will be generated which means that candidate has been successfully registered. The candidate should take a printout and preserve the confirmation page for future reference.
|Start of Online form fill-up||January 2018|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page||February 2018|
|Window for correction by candidates||February 2018|
|Publication of Downloadable Admit Card in www.wbjeeb.nic.in||April 2018|
|Examinations: Paper-I (Mathematics), Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||22nd April, 2018 (11 AM to 1 PM, 2 PM to 4 PM)|
|Publication of Results||June 2018|
- Candidates must bring Downloaded Admit Card, One copy of photograph, Any photo identity card and Black / Blue Ball Point Pen.
- Written or printed material, calculator, pen, log table, wristwatch, any communication device like mobile phones etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall.