Manipal Entrance Test 2023
Manipal Entrance Test (MET), also known as MAHE-OET, formerly Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) is conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (formerly Manipal University) for admission to various programs at Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
|Exam Name||Manipal Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||MET|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
The Manipal Entrance Test (MET) for B.Tech. is a common entrance test for admission to Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT MAHE Manipal), Manipal University Jaipur (MU Jaipur), and Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT Sikkim).
UPDATE (Jun 14, 2023): MET 2023 counselling has started, read MET Counselling.
UPDATE (Apr 21, 2023): MET 2023 Slot Booking window is now open. Read MET 2023 Slot Booking.
UPDATE (April 1, 2023): Last date to apply for MET 2023 has been extended. Visit Manipal Applications website to apply.
UPDATE (January 17, 2023): MET 2023 exam date has been announced, read MET Exam Date.
UPDATE (October 5, 2022): MET 2023 Applications are open now. Visit Manipal Applications website to apply.
What’s New from MET 2021?
|#||Old Pattern||New Pattern|
|Duration||2.5 hours||2 hours|
|Question Type(s)||MCQs||MCQs + NAT|
- The MET exam will be Computer based test of two hours duration.
- There will be 60 questions in all.
- 45 questions will be Objective type multiple-choice questions (MCQ) and 15 questions will be Numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
- For MCQ questions, each correct answer fetches 4 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- For NAT questions, each correct answer fetches 4 marks, and there’s no negative marking.
- No marks are awarded for unattempted questions.
- Students can register for a total of 2 attempts based on Test Centre/ Slot availability and the best score amongst the attempts will be considered for the ranking.
- The final score will be displayed on the screen immediately after the completion of the test.
- The test will be conducted in English.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
- Attempt I: April 28 – April 30, 2023
- Attempt II: May 27 – May 28, 2023
- Slot I: 09:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Slot II: 12:30 PM – 02:30 PM
- Slot III: 04:00 PM – 06:00 PM
- There’s no age limit for appearing in the MET examination.
Performance in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must have passed/ appearing in the HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects with optional subjects being Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subject.
- The technical vocational subject must be related to Chemical/ Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Mechanical streams.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics, and any one of the optional subjects mentioned above.
- An official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for Manipal Entrance Test.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer-based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- Candidates can access the MET official Sample Test here.
- Mock test is for practice purposes only.
MET 2023 Application Fee is ₹2000 (Application Fee of ₹600 and Entrance Fee of ₹1400).
- The registrations for MET 2023 are open now.
- The last date to register is
March 15, 2023 March 31, 2023April 15, 2023.
- Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
- The candidates are required to reserve a test center, test date, and slot for taking the MET examination.
- The slot booking will be done on Manipal OTBS (Manipal Online Test Booking System).
- The slot booking will be done on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The slot booking window will be open as per schedule.
- Read more about MET Slot booking here.
- On completion of the Test Slot booking, Manipal Online Test Booking System will generate the e-hall ticket for download.
- The Hall Ticket will also be emailed to candidates at their registered email address after 24 hours of completion of the test slot booking.
- The candidates must report any discrepancies in the e-Hall ticket at [email protected].
- A hard copy of the e-Hall ticket must be produced during the registration at the test centre on the day of the test.
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the best of the percentile scores obtained in MET examination.
- The merit list for MET 2023 will be released as per schedule.
- Admission to Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, and Manipal University Jaipur will be done through Manipal Counselling.
- The MET Counselling will be done online in different rounds. To appear in the counselling, candidates will have to register themselves and fill their preferences of colleges and courses. The seat allocation will be done based on the filled choices, merit rank, and seat availability.
- Get detailed information about Manipal Counselling here.
Students can only use the pages supplied to them at the Test Centre for rough work.
|Application form availability||Open Now|
|Application form submission deadline|
|Slot Booking window||April 21 – April 24, 2023|
|MET Online Tests||April 28 – April 30, 2023|
|Application form submission deadline||TBA|
|Slot Booking window||May 19 – May 22, 2023|
|MET Online Tests||May 27 – May 28, 2023|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2023|
|Counselling||2nd week of June 2023|
Candidates can contact MAHE through written communication, phone or email.
|MAHE Contact Information|
|Address||Director (Admissions), MAHE|
Manipal-576104, Karnataka (India)