Manipal Entrance Test 2019
Manipal Entrance Test (MET), also known as MAHE-OET, formerly Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) is conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (formerly Manipal University) for admission to various programs at Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
UPDATE (Dec 9, 2018): New Pattern and Syllabus for MET 2019 released, negative marking introduced. Read more here.
UPDATE: The notification for MET 2019 is released and registrations have started from Oct 10, 2018. Click here to apply.
The Manipal Entrance Test (MET) for B.Tech. is a common entrance test for admission to Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT MAHE Manipal), Manipal University Jaipur (MU Jaipur) and Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT Sikkim).
|Exam Name||Manipal Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||MET|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
- The MET exam will be Computer based test of two and half hours duration.
- There will be 200 questions in all.
- All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- NEW: Each correct answer fetches 4 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for unattempted questions.
- NEW: Student can register for a total of 2 attempts based on Test Centre / Slot availability and best score amongst the attempts will be considered for the ranking.
- The final score will be displayed on the screen immediately after the completion of the test.
- The test will be conducted in English.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No. of questions|
- 1st and 2nd Attempt: To be Announced
- There’s no age limit for appearing in the MET examination.
Performance in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must have passed/appearing in the HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects with optional subjects being Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subject.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects mentioned above.
The prescribed fees for the examination is ₹2000 (Application Fee of ₹600 and Entrance Fee of ₹1400).
- The registrations for MET 2019 have started from October 10, 2018.
- The last date to register is yet to be announced.
- Candidate has to visit the Manipal website.
- Fill the online application form and upload photograph & signature.
- Pay the fees & save the application number.
- The candidates are required to reserve a test center, date and slot for taking the MET examination.
- The slot booking will be done on Manipal OTBS (Manipal Online Test Booking Sysytem).
- The slot booking will be done on first-come-first-served basis.
- The Hall Ticket will be emailed to candidates at their registered email address after 24 hours of completion of the test slot booking.
- The candidates must report any discrepancies in the e-Hall ticket at [email protected]manipal.edu.
- 2 copies of e-Hall ticket must be produced during registration at the test centre on the day of the test.
- Anantapur (Andhra Pradesh)
- Guntur (Andhra Pradesh)
- Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh)
- Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh)
- Kurnool (Andhra Pradesh)
- Nellore (Andhra Pradesh)
- Rajamundry (Andhra Pradesh)
- Tirupathi (Andhra Pradesh)
- Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh)
- Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
- Guwahati (Assam)
- Bhagalpur (Bihar)
- Muzaffarpur (Bihar)
- Patna (Bihar)
- Chandigarh (Chandigarh)
- Bhilai (Chattishgarh)
- Raipur (Chattishgarh)
- Delhi (Delhi)
- Margao (Goa)
- Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
- Baroda (Gujarat)
- Rajkot (Gujarat)
- Surat (Gujarat)
- Faridabad (Haryana)
- Gorakhpur (Haryana)
- Gurugram (Haryana)
- Shimla (Himachal Pradesh)
- Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir)
- Bokaro (Jharkhand)
- Dhanbad (Jharkhand)
- Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)
- Ranchi (Jharkhand)
- Belgaum (Karnataka)
- Bengaluru (Karnataka)
- Mangaluru (Karnataka)
- Manipal (Karnataka)
- Mysuru (Karnataka)
- Shivamogga (Karnataka)
- Ernakulam (Kerala)
- Kannur (Kerala)
- Kozhikode (Kerala)
- Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala)
- Thrissur (Kerala)
- Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
- Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh)
- Indore (Madhya Pradesh)
- Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh)
- Aurangabad (Maharashtra)
- Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- Nagpur (Maharashtra)
- Nashik (Maharashtra)
- Pune (Maharashtra)
- Thane (Maharashtra)
- Imphal (Manipur)
- Aizwal (Mizoram)
- Bhubaneshwar (Odisha)
- Amritsar (Punjab)
- Ludhiana (Punjab)
- Mohali (Punjab)
- Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Jodhpur (Rajasthan)
- Kota (Rajasthan)
- Udaipur (Rajasthan)
- Gangtok (Sikkim)
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
- Erode (Tamil Nadu)
- Trichy (Tamil Nadu)
- Hyderabad (Telangana)
- Khammam (Telangana)
- Warangal (Telangana)
- Agra (Uttar Pradesh)
- Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh)
- Bareilly (Uttar Pradesh)
- Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh)
- Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
- Meerut (Uttar Pradesh)
- Noida (Uttar Pradesh)
- Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
- Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Asansol (West Bengal)
- Kolkata (West Bengal)
- Siliguri (West Bengal)
- Dubai (International)
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in MET.
- The list of all candidates who appeared for the entrance test will be made available on MAHE website.
- Admission to Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology and Manipal University Jaipur will be done through Manipal Counselling.
- The MET 2019 Counselling will be done online in different rounds. To appear in the counselling, candidates will have to register themselves and fill their preferences of colleges and courses. On the basis of filled choices, rank and seats availability, seat allocation will be done.
- Get detailed information about Manipal Counselling here.
Students can only use the pages supplied to them at the Test Centre for rough work.
|Application form availability||October 10, 2018|
|Application form submission deadline||April 2019|
|MET Online Tests||1st & 2nd Attempt||April 2019|
|Result announcement||May 2019|
Candidates can contact MAHE through written communication, phone or email.
|MAHE Contact Information|
|Address||Director (Admissions), MAHE|
Manipal-576104, Karnataka (India)