Manipal Entrance Test 2020
Manipal Entrance Test (MET), also known as MAHE-OET, formerly Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) is conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (formerly Manipal University) for admission to various programs at Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
UPDATE: The notification for MET 2020 is released and registrations have started. Click here to apply.
MET 2020: Detailed Application Procedure
|Exam Name||Manipal Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||MET|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
The Manipal Entrance Test (MET) for B.Tech. is a common entrance test for admission to Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT MAHE Manipal), Manipal University Jaipur (MU Jaipur) and Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT Sikkim).
- The MET exam will be Computer based test of two and a half hours duration.
- There will be 200 questions in all.
- All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Each correct answer fetches 4 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for unattempted questions.
- Student can register for a total of 2 attempts based on Test Centre / Slot availability and best score amongst the attempts will be considered for the ranking.
- The final score will be displayed on the screen immediately after the completion of the test.
- The test will be conducted in English.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No. of questions|
- To be Announced; Expected: April 2020
- There’s no age limit for appearing in the MET examination.
Performance in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must have passed/appearing in the HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects with optional subjects being Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subject.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects mentioned above.
MET 2020 Application Fee is ₹2000 (Application Fee of ₹600 and Entrance Fee of ₹1400).
- The candidates are required to reserve a test center, date, and slot for taking the MET examination.
- The slot booking will be done on Manipal OTBS (Manipal Online Test Booking System).
- The slot booking will be done on the first-come-first-served basis.
- The slot booking window for 1st attempt will be open in April 2020.
- The 1st Attempt slot booking must be done by the candidate within the Slot Booking window.
- The 2nd Attempt slot booking for Test Cities available in April 2020.
- The Hall Ticket will be emailed to candidates at their registered email address after 24 hours of completion of the test slot booking.
- The candidates must report any discrepancies in the e-Hall ticket at [email protected].
- 2 copies of e-Hall ticket must be produced during the registration at the test centre on the day of the test.
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in MET.
- The merit list for MET 2020 is expected to be released in May 2020.
- The list of all candidates who appeared for the entrance test will be made available on the MAHE website.
- Admission to Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology and Manipal University Jaipur will be done through Manipal Counselling.
- The MET Counselling will be done online in different rounds. To appear in the counselling, candidates will have to register themselves and fill their preferences of colleges and courses. The seat allocation will be done based on the filled choices, rank and seat availability.
- Get detailed information about Manipal Counselling here.
Students can only use the pages supplied to them at the Test Centre for rough work.
|Application form availability||October 10, 2019|
|Application form submission deadline||March 15, 2020|
|1st Attempt Slot Booking||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|MET Online Tests||1st & 2nd Attempt: TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Result announcement||TBA; Expected: May 2020|
|Counselling||TBA; Expected: June 2020|
Candidates can contact MAHE through written communication, phone or email.
|MAHE Contact Information|
|Address||Director (Admissions), MAHE|
Manipal-576104, Karnataka (India)