KEAM Entrance Examination 2023
The Kerala Engineering, Architecture & Medical Entrance Exam (KEAM) is conducted by the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) for admission to various professional degree courses in the State of Kerala.
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering, Architecture & Medical Entrance Exam|
|Also Known As||KEAM|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper based test)|
|Conducted by||Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala|
UPDATE (Mar 17, 2023): KEAM 2023 Applications are now open, check KEAM 2023 Application Procedure.
UPDATE (Feb 20, 2023): KEAM 2023 exam date has been announced, read KEAM 2023 Exam Date.
UPDATE (Jan 19, 2023): KEAM Applications will be opening soon, Subscribe to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
The CEE will conduct the Entrance Examination for admission to Engineering/Pharmacy Courses only. Candidates seeking admission to the B.Pharm course shall have to appear for and qualify in Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination.
KEAM 2023: Check Eligibility | Check Fees
- The exam will be an offline pen-paper based test.
- There will be 2 papers.
- Paper-I will contain questions of Physics and Chemistry while Paper-II will contain questions of Mathematics.
- Each paper will have 120 questions to be answered in 2½-hours (Two and a half hours) duration.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have five choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 4 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- Candidates need to fill the OMR sheet with blue/black ballpoint pen.
- Candidates must appear for both papers (Paper-1 and Paper-2). Not appearing in any one of the papers in the Engineering Entrance Examination will lead to disqualification.
|Subjects||Physics and Chemistry|
|No. of Questions||120 Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||120 Multiple Choice Questions|
|May 17, 2023||10:00 AM – 12:30 PM||Paper-I (Physics and Chemistry)|
|May 17, 2023||2:30 PM – 05:00 PM||Paper-II (Mathematics)|
- The candidate must be a citizen of India to be eligible.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will be treated at par with Indian citizens for the purpose of admission.
- PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates will be categorised as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
- Candidates who are of Kerala origin will be categorised as Keralite. To prove that a candidate is an Indian Citizen of Kerala origin, he/she has to produce a certificate showing that the candidate or his/her father or mother was born in Kerala.
- Candidates whose parents are All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to the Kerala cadre also fall in this category. However, they will not be eligible for Communal / Special / Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)
NK I candidates will be considered against State Merit seats but will not be eligible for Communal/ Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but fulfils any one of the following conditions will be categorised as a Non-Keralite Category I:
- Studied 10+2 in Kerala and whose parents are Non-Keralites belonging to the Government of India/ Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- Studied 10+2 in Kerala and whose parents are Non-Keralites serving/ served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
- Has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of five years within the period of 12 years of study.
- Studied in Kerala from Class VIII to XII.
Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II)
- Candidates who do not come under Keralite or Non-Keralite Category I will be categorised as Non-Keralite Category II.
- NK II candidates are eligible for admission to Government seats and Management quota seats in Engineering courses in Government Controlled Self financing Colleges. However, the NK II candidates will be considered for admission to the Government seats in Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges only when the Keralite and Non-Keralite I (NK I) candidates are not available for admission.
- NK II candidates are also eligible for admission to Government Seats and Management Quota seats in Private Self Financing Engineering / Architecture Colleges.
Eligibility for Engineering courses
- Should have passed the HSC exam of Kerala or equivalent from a recognised board with 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together. SC/ ST/ SEBC/ PwD candidates will have a relaxation of 5%.
- In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, the marks obtained in Computer Science shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology, the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered.
Eligibility for Architecture courses
- Refer to NATA B.Arch. admission eligibility rules.
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2023.
- No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed.
- There is no upper age limit.
KEAM 2023 Application Fee is as follows:
|A) Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/ Both||₹700 (₹300)|
|B) Architecture only/ Medical & Allied only/ Both||₹500 (₹200)|
|Both (A) & (B)||₹900 (₹400)|
|Note||1. Fees for SC candidates is mentioned in parentheses. |
2. ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- The registrations for KEAM 2023 examination will begin from March 17, 2023.
- The last date to apply is April 10, 2023.
- The last date to upload the eligibility certificates and other supporting documents is April 20, 2023.
- NEW: Check detailed steps for filling the Application Form here.
NEW: Check detailed steps for filling the Application Form here.
- The aspiring candidates need to register on the CEE portal here.
- Candidates need to furnish all the details in the Online Application.
- Pay the Application Fee Online using credit card/ debit card/ Internet Banking or using e-challan.
- Upload the required documents including a recent colour photograph & scanned copy of signature and supporting documents (as required).
- Save the confirmation page for future references.
Documents to be uploaded
- Nativity Proof (All candidates)
- Class X certificate as Date of Birth Proof (All candidates)
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (SEBC/OEC candidates)
- Community Certificate (SC/ST candidates)
- EWS certificate (EWS candidates)
- Inter-Caste marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates will be provided with a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- The Admit Card for the Entrance Examination can be downloaded from the official CEE website after it’s announced.
- The candidates will have to enter their Application number and Date of Birth provided in the application form in order to download the admit card.
- A printed copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination.
- Admit cards will not be sent by post from the Office of CEE.
- Candidates who wish to appear for the examination from outside Kerala can opt for one more examination centre in Kerala as their second choice.
- No request for the change in the Examination centre will be entertained.
- Candidates choosing Dubai as Examination Centre will have to remit an additional fee of ₹12,000.
- The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations will publish the Answer Keys of both the Papers of the Engineering Entrance Examination on the website of the CEE.
- If any candidate has any complaint regarding the answer keys, the same should be submitted to the CEE in writing along with supporting documents and a fee of Rs.100/- per question by way of DD in favour of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram, within 5 days from the date of publication of the answer keys on the website of the CEE.
- If the complaint filed is found to be genuine, the fee remitted while filing the complaint will be refunded.
- All complaints on Answer keys received will be referred to subject expert committees to be constituted by the CEE. The recommendations of the Committees will be final.
- Complaints received by E-mail/Fax will not be considered on any account.
- There is no provision for revaluation or rechecking of answer sheets as the valuation or scoring will be error-free.
Result / Rank List
Rank list for Engineering courses
- Only the candidates who score a minimum of 10 marks in each subject and in aggregate in both the papers, will be included in the rank list. SC/ST candidates are not required to fulfil this criterion.
- Equal weightage of 50:50 shall be given to the score obtained in the Entrance Examination for Engineering (Paper I & Paper II put together), and the grade/marks obtained in the final year of the qualifying examination for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together, after effecting the standardization procedure.
- In case the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology, the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered.
- The final year marks of the qualifying examination of each subject Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology/ Biology of the students who have passed the subject, received from the respective Boards, shall be transformed out of 100. The marks of the three subjects shall be computed out of 300 after effecting standardization in each subject.
- The score obtained by the candidate in the Engineering Entrance Examination (Paper I & Paper II put together) shall be computed out of 300 and added to the total standardized marks of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology/ Biology as the case may be, of the final year of the Qualifying Examination, computed out of 300, both corrected to four places of decimals. The rank list for Engineering Courses shall be prepared based on the total marks obtained out of an index mark of 600.
Rank list for Architecture courses
- Rank list for admission to B. Arch Course will be prepared by giving equal weightage to the score obtained in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) and to the marks/grades obtained in the Qualifying Examination by the candidate.
- Marks obtained by the candidate in the NATA out of 200 will be added to the total marks secured by the candidate in the Qualifying Examination computed out of 200. The Rank list will be prepared based on the total marks obtained out of 400.
- The admission will be purely based on the merit in the rank list.
- The list of institutions with intake in each discipline and category will be available on the KEAM website after the result declaration.
- Candidates are not required to send the printout of the confirmation page or other documents to the office of the CEE.
- Candidates should bring Admit card, ballpoint pen (either blue or black ink) and a cardboard/clipboard for the Examination.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take items such as pencil, eraser, correction fluid, calculator, logarithm table, electronic gadgets, mobile phones etc. into the examination hall.
- All rough work is to be done in the Question Booklet only. The candidate shall not do any rough work or put Stray Mark(s) on the OMR answer sheet.
|Commencement of online form submission||March 17, 2023|
|Last date for online form submission including fee payment||April 10, 2023|
|Last date for Online submission of supporting documents||April 20, 2023|
|Downloading Online Admit Cards||May 10, 2023|
|KEAM Examination Paper-I||May 17, 2023 (10:00 am – 12:30 pm)|
|KEAM Examination Paper-II||May 17, 2023 (2:30 pm – 5:00 pm)|
|Declaration of results||June 20, 2023|
Candidates can contact CEE Kerala through written communication, phone or email.
|CEE Kerala Contact Information|
|Address||The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,|
Fifth Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
Thiruvananthapuram-695001, Kerala (India)