BITS Admissions 2021
Candidates interested in admission are required to submit application forms with class 12th marks, programme preferences and requisite fees before August 21, 2021 (5 PM).
Dual degree for students of M.Sc.
- Any student who is admitted to M.Sc. (Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics and Physics) programme is accommodated in a dual degree scheme for a second degree in B.E. programme.
- This assignment is made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of first year, separately in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses.
- Requirements of both the degrees are structured to be completed normally in five years.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have passed the class 12th examination from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- One must get a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCM (For admission to all the Integrated First Degree Programmes except B.Pharm.) OR PCB (For admission to B.Pharm) in class 12th Examination.
- One must also obtain at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Candidates should possess adequate proficiency in English.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
- Only Students who have appeared for class 12th examination in 2021 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2020 are eligible.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2019 or earlier are not eligible.
- Candidates with PCB as main subjects can only apply for B.Pharm course.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers : First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2021 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2021 score.
- Go to BITS Official website & click on “Apply for First Degree Programmes” or simply go here.
- Read the instructions carefully & click on “Allow me to Apply online”.
- Enter your Application No. and Password (as mentioned in your hall ticket) and click on “Proceed”.
- Fill your personal details in Part I, followed by your class 12th examination subjectwise marks in Part II and order of preference for different degree programmes in Part III of the application form.
- Pay the application fee online using Credit/Debit Card/ Net Banking or using e-challan.
- Save the submitted online form for future reference.
- Admissions to First Degree programmes will be made purely on merit position on the basis of score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2021.
- Candidates who have written BITSAT 2021 with Biology/Mathematics can apply for admission to B.Pharm. (Hons.) programme here.
- If the class 12th examination results are not available at present, you can fill the other particulars. However, you have to login again as soon as the 12th grade results are available, enter those details, make the payment and submit the completed application online on or before August 21, 2021.
Check previous year cutoff & placement of BITS colleges here.
- Once the required details are confirmed by the candidate, the candidate cannot make any further changes till the editing window opens. Therefore, candidates are advised to prepare themselves with the class 12th subject-wise marks and order of preference for different degree programmes before proceeding to apply online.
- During the editing window, the candidate will be allowed to edit (or change) only the order of preference for different degree programmes. The candidate can do the same by logging in on the admission portal.
- The editing window will open from August 22 to August 24, 2021.
- Candidates who have appeared in BITSAT 2021 and have submitted application form for admission in the prescribed format with 12th marks, preferences and the required fees will be included in the merit list.
- The merit position of all eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of their total scores in BITSAT 2021.
- There will be two separate merit lists prepared for admission. One for all the programmes except the B.Pharm. and the other only for B.Pharm.
- Admissions to First Degree programmes will be made purely on merit position on the basis of score obtained by the candidate in BITSAT 2021.
- In the process of seat allotment, the allotment of seats starts from the first candidate on the merit list and goes down the merit list until all the seats are filled up.
- After each iteration, there are candidates who decline the offer and/or who have not paid fees. These candidates are removed from the merit list before next iteration.
- At any time when the computer considers a candidate for seat allotment, it first tries to accommodate the first preference of the candidate and goes to his/her second preference if his/her first preference could not be accommodated and so on.
- A certain number of candidates would be placed on the waiting list in each iteration. Such candidates may get a seat allotted in the next iteration.
- The cut-off point for the waiting list is arrived at by the past experience of BITS in terms of the responses from the candidates, the number and the quality of candidates who have applied in the current year with a view to complete the admissions and start the classes in time.
- A student who has a higher BITSAT score may be on the waiting list while a student who has a lesser BITSAT score may have got admission because the former crossed out a programme which the later had opted for and seats were available in that particular programme.
- If a candidate is offered admission to any programme of his/her preference, he/she has to pay admission fee and the requisite one semester tuition fee within the stipulated deadline.
- If a candidate is placed on the waiting list, he/she has to pay only admission fee in advance and subsequently, if he/she is offered admission he/she has to remit the semester tuition fee as announced in the wait list offer.
- Whenever a candidate is admitted to a programme, he/she is kept on a waiting list for his/her higher preferences.
- Until all admissions are completed, any vacancy in any programme caused by non-acceptance of the offers will be filled by offering the vacant seat to the next candidate in the order of merit.
- This process is called “Sliding-Up”.
Candidates offered admission
- If a candidate, who is offered admission, accepts the offer by remitting the advance fees but fails to report at the Institute on the date specified above, he/she will forfeit the 10% of the total fee (Admission fee + One semester Tuition fee + Hostel fee) towards processing charges.
- If a candidate accepts the admission offer but withdraws within 15 days of reporting to the assigned campus on the specified date, he/she will forfeit the 20% of the total fee (Admission fee + One semester Tuition fee + Hostel fee) along with the actual expenses incurred towards mess and electricity usage.
- If a candidate accepts the admission offer but withdraws between 15 to 30 days of reporting to the assigned campus on the specified date, he/she will forfeit the 50% of the total fee (Admission fee + One semester Tuition fee + Hostel fee) along with the actual expenses incurred towards mess and electricity usage.
- If a candidate accepts the admission offer but withdraws after 30 days of reporting to the assigned campus on the specified date, he/she will forfeit the 100% of the total fee (Admission fee + One semester Tuition fee + Hostel fee) along with the actual expenses incurred towards mess and electricity usage.
Candidates not offered admission
- If the Institute is not able to offer admission to a wait-listed candidate in any of programmes of his/her preferences as specified in his/her application form, the total amount of fee paid will be refunded to him/her.
- Candidates have to complete the application form with requisite fee on or before 5:00 PM on August 21, 2021.
- Candidates are advised not to wait till the last day. They should complete all the formalities of application well in advance.
- Candidates must fill preferences wisely. No candidate at any time of the operation can change his/her preferences or refuse to slide up in his/her order of preference from the closing of application process till the entire admission process is completed.
|BITSAT Online tests||August 3 – August 9, 2021|
|Start of Admission application process||August 10, 2021|
|Deadline to complete Admission application||August 21, 2021 (5 PM)|
|Application Correction window||August 22 – August 24, 2021|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement (Iteration 1)||August 26, 2021|
|Deadline for payment of fee||September 2, 2021|
|Admission assignment after Iteration 2||September 4, 2021|
|Deadline for payment of balance fees||September 11, 2021|
|Admission assignment after Iteration 3||September 13, 2021|
|Deadline for payment of balance fees||September 20, 2021|
|Window to submit withdrawal request||September 14 – September 16, 2021|
|Admission assignment after Iteration 4||September 21, 2021|
|Reporting for Admission||September 28, 2021|
|Orientation and Document verification||September 29, 2021|
|Admission assignment after Iteration 5||September 29, 2021|