INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE, BANGALORE
Indian Institute of Science, C V Raman Ave, Devasandra Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560012
Also Known as
Also known as IISc Bangalore and IISc Bengaluru.
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
CONNECTIVITY (How To Reach)
- Railway Station
Nearest Airport: Bengaluru International Airport
Distance from Airport: 33km
Nearest Railway Station: Yeswantpur Railway Station
Distance from Railway Station: 2km
Next Nearest Railway Station: Bangalore City Junction Railway Station
Distance from Railway Station: 8km
In QS World University Rankings of 2018 : 190
In QS BRICS University Rankings of 2018 : 10
In QS World University Rankings of 2017 : 152
In QS World University Rankings of 2016 : 147
By NIRF University Rankings in 2018 : 1
By NIRF University Rankings in 2017 : 1
MODE OF ADMISSION
- Admissions in IISc are based on the merit rank in KVPY, JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and NEET.
- Students desirous of applying to the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme must take at least one of the above examinations. Students need to separately apply for IISc Bangalore counselling.
- Read more about IISc Bangalore Admissions here.
- IISc Admissions 2019 notification released, read more here.
Please choose the course.
NOTE: Students who complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree will have the option of getting a Master of Science degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year.
A total of 120 seats are available for Bachelor of Science (Research) course.
CUTOFF RANKS (OPENING & CLOSING RANKS)
Information currently unavailable.
|Tuition Fee (Annual)||₹1,00,00|
|Gymkhana Fee (Annual)||₹1,200|
|Other Academic Fee (Annual)||₹3,700|
|Students Emergency Fund (Annual)||₹300|
|Statutory Deposit (One Time, Refundable)||₹7,500|
|Library Deposit (One Time, Refundable)||₹7,500|
|*SC/ST students are exempted from payment of Tuition Fee.|
Depending on the performance in national examinations such as KVPY, JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced), and NEET, students will be able to avail the standard fellowships offered by agencies such as KVPY and DST-INSPIRE.
Career Prospects after B.Sc. (Research)
- Eligible for direct PhD (without doing masters) in USA, India and some institutes in Europe.
- Eligible for Int.PhD/ Masters everywhere.
- Eligible for 1 year Masters programme in IISc.
- Get placed in a company.
- Most of the students opted for higher studies in International universities.
- Some of the students got offers from leading industrial organizations.