INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE, BANGALORE
Indian Institute of Science, C V Raman Ave, Devasandra Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560012
Also Known as
Also known as IISc Bangalore and IISc Bengaluru.
CONNECTIVITY (How To Reach)
|QS World University Rankings||225 (2024)||155 (2023)|
|QS World University Rankings - Engineering & Technology||106 (2023)||145 (2022)|
|QS Asia University Rankings||52 (2023)||56 (2022)|
|THE World University Rankings||251–300 (2023)||301–350 (2022)|
|THE World University Rankings - Engineering||101–125 (2023)||101–125 (2022)|
|THE Asia University Rankings||48 (2023)||42 (2022)|
|Academic Ranking of World Universities||301-400 (2023)||301-400 (2022)|
|NIRF Overall Rankings||2 (2023)||2 (2022)|
|NIRF University Rankings||1 (2023)||1 (2022)|
|NIRF Research Rankings||1 (2023)||1 (2022)|
|NIRF Innovation Rankings||6 (2023)||--|
|ARIIA Public Institution (Central Universities, INIs, CFTIs) Rankings||6 (2021)||4 (2020)|
|Outlook India’s Top Multidisciplinary Universities||1 (2020)||--|
|Outlook India’s Top Govt. Technical Universities||2 (2023)||2 (2022)|
MODE OF ADMISSION
- Admissions in IISc (B.S. course) are based on the merit rank in KVPY, JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and NEET.
- Students desirous of applying to the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme must take at least one of the above examinations. Students need to separately apply for IISc Bangalore counselling.
- Admissions in IISc (B.Tech. course) are based on the merit rank in JEE (Advanced) through IISc Bangalore B.Tech. counselling.
- UPDATE: Applications for IISc Bangalore BS Admissions 2022 are open now, read IISc BS Admissions 2022.
- UPDATE: Applications for IISc Bangalore BTech Admissions 2022 are open now, read IISc BTech Admissions 2022.
Please choose the course.
CUTOFF RANKS (OPENING & CLOSING RANKS)
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹15,000|
|Tuition Fee (per Year)||₹10,000 (B.Sc. Research) |
₹2,00,000 (B.Tech. MnC)
|Total||₹30,200 (B.Sc. Research) |
₹2,20,200 (B.Tech. MnC)
|*SC/ST students are exempted from payment of Tuition Fee.|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹20,000|
|Hostel Charges (including Mess) (per Year)||₹60,000|
- SC/ST students are exempted from payment of Tuition fees.
- Depending on the performance in national examinations such as KVPY, JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced), and NEET, students will be able to avail the standard fellowships offered by agencies such as KVPY and DST-INSPIRE.
Career Prospects after B.Sc. (Research)
- Eligible for direct PhD (without doing masters) in USA, India and some institutes in Europe.
- Eligible for Int.PhD/ Masters everywhere.
- Eligible for 1 year Masters programme in IISc.
- Get placed in a company.
- Most of the students opted for higher studies in International universities.
- Some of the students got offers from leading industrial organizations.