INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE, BANGALORE
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, C V Raman Ave, Devasandra Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560012
Also Known as
Also known as IISc Bangalore and IISc Bengaluru.
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
CONNECTIVITY (How To Reach)
- Railway Station
Nearest Airport : Bengaluru International Airport
Distance from Airport : 33km
Nearest Railway Station : Yeswantpur Railway Station
Distance from Railway Station : 2km
Next Nearest Railway Station : Bangalore City Junction Railway Station
Distance from Railway Station : 8km
In QS World University Rankings of 2018 : 190
In QS World University Rankings of 2017 : 152
In QS World University Rankings of 2016 : 147
By NIRF University Rankings in 2018 : 1
By NIRF University Rankings in 2017 : 1
MODE OF ADMISSION
- Admissions in IISc are based on the merit rank in KVPY, JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and NEET.
- Students desirous of applying to the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme must take at least one of the above examinations. Students need to separately apply for IISc Bangalore counselling.
- UPDATE: IISc Bangalore Admissions 2018 notification has been released. Read more here.
Choose Course Duration
Please choose the course duration to view courses.
- Earth and Environmental Science
A total of 120 seats are available for Bachelor of Science (Research) course.
CUTOFF RANKS (OPENING & CLOSING RANKS)
Information currently unavailable.
|Tuition Fee (Annual)||₹10000|
|Gymkhana Fee (Annual)||₹1200|
|Other Academic Fee (Annual)||₹3700|
|Students Emergency Fund (Annual)||₹300|
|Statutory Deposit (One Time, Refundable)||₹7500|
|Library Deposit (One Time, Refundable)||₹7500|
|*SC/ST students are exempted from payment of Tuition Fee.|
Career Prospects after B.Sc. (Research)
- Eligible for direct PhD (without doing masters) in USA, India and some institutes in Europe.
- Eligible for Int.PhD/ Masters everywhere.
- Eligible for 1 year Masters programme in IISc.
- Get placed in a company.
- Most of the students opted for higher studies in International universities.
- Some of the students got offers from leading industrial organizations.