INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE, BANGALORE
Indian Institute of Science, C V Raman Ave, Devasandra Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560012
Also Known as
Also known as IISc Bangalore and IISc Bengaluru.
CONNECTIVITY (How To Reach)
|QS World University Rankings||185 (2021)||184 (2020)|
|QS Asia University Rankings||56 (2021)||51 (2020)|
|THE World University Rankings||301–350 (2021)||301–350 (2020)|
|THE Asia University Rankings||36 (2020)||29 (2019)|
|NIRF Overall Rankings||2 (2020)||2 (2019)|
|ARIIA Public Institution Rankings||4 (2019)||--|
|ARIIA Public Institution (Central Universities, INIs, CFTIs) Rankings||4 (2020)||--|
|Outlook India’s Top Multidisciplinary Universities||1 (2020)||--|
MODE OF ADMISSION
- Admissions in IISc are based on the merit rank in KVPY, JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and NEET.
- Students desirous of applying to the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme must take at least one of the above examinations. Students need to separately apply for IISc Bangalore counselling.
- Read more about IISc Bangalore Admissions here.
Please choose the course.
NOTE: Students who complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree will have the option of getting a Master of Science degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year.
A total of 120 seats are available for Bachelor of Science (Research) course.
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹15,000|
|Tuition Fee (per Year)||₹10,000|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹20,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Month)||₹400 (1-Seater) |
|Mess Fee (per Month)||₹5,000|
- SC/ST students are exempted from payment of Tuition fees.
- Hostel Seat Rent for SC/ST students is half of the regular charges.
- Depending on the performance in national examinations such as KVPY, JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced), and NEET, students will be able to avail the standard fellowships offered by agencies such as KVPY and DST-INSPIRE.
Career Prospects after B.Sc. (Research)
- Eligible for direct PhD (without doing masters) in USA, India and some institutes in Europe.
- Eligible for Int.PhD/ Masters everywhere.
- Eligible for 1 year Masters programme in IISc.
- Get placed in a company.
- Most of the students opted for higher studies in International universities.
- Some of the students got offers from leading industrial organizations.