NATA 2020: Important Changes
The Council of Architecture (CoA) has introduced many new changes for NATA 2020 examination. The exam is now fully online and can be taken from home as well.
The syllabus for drawing test has also been modified. View All Changes
The first test is scheduled to be conducted on August 29, 2020 while the dates for second test are yet to be announced. Check NATA Important Dates for other important dates.
Candidates can Subscribe to get notified on their mobile about other important updates.
The NATA portal will be reopened shortly to facilitate students to apply for registration of First & Second tests and for Application correction window.
NATA Exam Changes
1. Fully Online Test
- The NATA 2020 examination will be a completely online test. Both Part A (Drawing test) and Part B (Test on Scientific Ability & General Aptitude) of NATA 2020 will be conducted as an online aptitude test.
- The Part A Test (Drawing Test) which was supposed to be a paper based drawing test will now be a preferential choice type test which is to be answered on computer/laptop.
2. Drawing Test Syllabus
The syllabus for Part-A Drawing Test has also been revised as under:
- Understanding the important visual principles in a composition (2D OR 3D) such as balance, rhythm, direction, hierarchy, etc.
- Understanding geometry and the ability to visualize shape and solve geometrical puzzles to test spatial intelligence
- Understanding color theory and the various terminologies to test color scheme awareness and knowledge
- Visual system interpretation and perception to test graphical similarities and other properties
- Ability to understand spatial relationship between objects, and to visualize images and scenarios
- Tests for cognitive ability: perception, attention, recognition, memory etc.
3. Take Test from Home
- The candidates will be provided with an option to take the NATA 2020 examintion from their respective places of residence/stay.
- Those candidates do not have net connectivity or technical/hardware resources such as PC, laptop, web cam etc. can take the exam at the allotted test centre.
- The candidates will soon be provided an option in their respective login accounts to opt for their preference for examination place i.e. from home or test centre.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is conducted by Council of Architecture (CoA) for admission to the first year of 5-year B.Arch. Degree Course at recognized institutions across India. The test measures mathematical skills, general aptitude, drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability.