MET 2019: New Pattern & Syllabus Released
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (formerly Manipal University) has released the pattern and syllabus of Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2019 examination. There are some major changes in the exam pattern including the introduction of negative marking.
Major changes introduced:
- Each correct answer now fetches 4 marks instead of 1 mark earlier.
- Negative marking introduced, now each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- Student can register for a total of 2 attempts now instead of 3 attempts earlier.
- Attempt registration will be based on Test Centre / Slot availability and best score amongst the attempts will be considered for the ranking.
The registrations for MET 2019 are currently open. Click here to apply.
- The MET exam will be Computer based test of two and half hours duration.
- There will be 200 questions in all.
- All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- NEW: Each correct answer fetches 4 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for unattempted questions.
- NEW: Student can register for a total of 2 attempts based on Test Centre / Slot availability and best score amongst the attempts will be considered for the ranking.
- The final score will be displayed on the screen immediately after the completion of the test.
- The test will be conducted in English.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No. of questions|
The Manipal Entrance Test (MET) for B.Tech. is a common entrance test for admission to Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT MAHE Manipal), Manipal University Jaipur (MU Jaipur) and Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT Sikkim).
To know more about MET 2019, go here.