JoSAA 2015: Round 2 Result Declared
- Students need to pay the acceptance fee of Rs. 45,000 for GEN and OBC-NCL, Rs. 20,000 for SC, ST and PwD Candidates. (Only those students who have been allotted a seat for the first time in this round.)
- All the candidates who have been allotted a seat need to report at the reporting center except those who have already reported, otherwise the allotted seat will be cancelled.
- Candidates who had reported for NIT/IIIT/GFTI & have been allotted IIT/ISM in this round (and vice-versa) need to report again.
- Candidates who are allocated a seat in an NIT, IIIT (Triple-I-T) or Other GFTI has to report only at a reporting center of NIT, IIIT (Triple-I-T) and Other-GFTI.
- Candidates who are allocated a seat in an IIT or ISM have to report only at a reporting center of the IITs.
- Required documents during reporting: For NITs/IIITs/GFTIs & For IITs/ISM
- List of Reporting centers is available here.
- Last date to report is July 17, 2015.
At the time of accepting the seat, a candidate can opt to ‘freeze’, ‘slide’ or ‘float’ the choice of academic program for subsequent round(s), if any, of joint seat allocation.
- Freezing: Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that they are content with the allocated academic program and that they do not want to participate in further rounds of seat allocation. Such candidates will NOT be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
- Floating: Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program of better/higher preference in any Institute is offered, they will accept it. Else, they will continue with the currently accepted academic program. Such candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
- Sliding: Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program of better / higher preference is offered within the same Institute, they will accept it. Such candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
- For candidates who choose the float or slide option, allocation of a seat in an academic program of his/her higher preference would automatically result in the forfeiture of the seat accepted by the candidate in the earlier round.