JEE Main 2018: Registrations started
JEE Main 2018 registrations have started from today. The last date for filling up the Application Form is January 1, 2018 while the fee can be paid upto January 2, 2018. Check other important dates here.
Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is an all India common engineering entrance examination which is conducted for admission in various engineering colleges and courses all over the country.
Those candidates who are looking for admissions into undergraduate programmes BE, B.Tech, B.Arch in NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded technical institutions, institutions funded by several participating State Governments, and several other institutions can apply for the exam.
The JEE (Main) is also an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidates can take if they are seeking admissions to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
Requirement of Aadhaar
- All the Indian citizen candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data.
- Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment. Those applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip.
- This shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The applicants who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
Where & How to Apply
- Open jeemain.nic.in & click on “Apply for JEE(Main) 2018” OR directly open this link.
- Again click on “Apply for JEE(Main) 2018”.
- Read the instructions & Click on Proceed.
- Fill the Application Form & Upload your scanned photograph & signature.
- Pay the examination fee online (by Credit card/Debit Card/e-wallet) or Generate e-challan to pay the fee at the bank.
- The candidate, who has opted for Computer Based Examination of Paper – 1, should select the date/slot after payment of Examination Fee. The candidate, who does not select the date/slot, will be allotted the date/slot on random basis depending upon availability.
- It is essential to note down the application number for any correspondence.
- The scanned photograph should be colour or b/w (but clear contrast) with name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it.
- The entire application process is online, thus the candidates are not required to send any document to JEE (Main) Secretariat.