VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2024
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is conducted by VIT Vellore (also known as VIT University) for admission in Engineering Courses at VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Andhra Pradesh & VIT Bhopal.
|Exam Name||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination|
|Also Known As||VITEEE|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||VIT Vellore|
|MPCEA Paper||B.Tech. Degree programmes|
|BPCEA Paper||B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes|
- It is a Computer Based Test and candidates should do slot booking for Test.
- The exam will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes duration.
- There will be 5 subject sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English, and Aptitude.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The medium of Question paper will be English.
- Check VITEEE Sample Questions here.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Section||Number of Questions|
April 19 – April 30, 2024
- Candidate should be a Resident/ Non Resident Indian National/ PIO Holder.
Date Of Birth
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 2002 are eligible.
Performance in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have either passed or shall be appearing in 2024 for the qualifying examination (Class 12).
- Candidates should have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology in class 12.
- For SC/ST candidates and candidates from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh/ Arunachal Pradesh/ Assam/ Manipur/ Meghalaya/ Mizoram/ Nagaland/ Sikkim/ Tripura, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology in class 12 put together should be 50%.
Check VITEEE sample questions for Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, English, and Aptitude sections here.
- The official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for VITEEE.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer-based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- Mock test is for practice purpose only.
- UPDATE: VITEEE Mock Test is available now, read VITEEE Mock Test.
VITEEE 2024 Application Fee is ₹1,350.
- The registration for VITEEE 2024 has started.
- The last date to register is March 30, 2024.
- UPDATE: Applications for VITEEE 2024 are open now. Interested candidates can apply here.
UPDATE: Check detailed Application Form filling procedure here.
- Visit the VITEEE website and click on “New user”.
- Furnish all the details in the Application Form.
- Pay the Examination Fee by Debit/Credit card or Net Banking.
- Upload scanned image of your passport size colour photograph and signature.
- Download the filled-in Application Form for future reference.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them. Edit option will be enabled after the completion of the application form.
- Candidates will be able to edit all the particulars of their Online Application except mobile number / email id and correspondence address.
- Candidate can edit their online application contents up to the specified period.
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Amaravati (AP)|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
|Uttar Pradesh||Rae Bareli|
- NRI candidates and candidates opting for Test centres outside India should pay USD 90 equivalent in INR.
- The candidates are required to reserve a test center, date, and slot for taking the VITEEE examination.
- The slot booking will be done on VIT OTBS (VIT Online Test Booking System).
- The slot booking will be done on the first-come-first-served basis.
- The Online Test Booking Password will be sent by email to the email address mentioned in the application form.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The e-Admit Card / Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the VIT website after a candidate has reserved his/her slot.
- Please note that the e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the before the last date. For candidates who have not booked their slot, the slots will be generated based on the information given on the application form and availability of the slot.
- The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate.
- If there are any discrepancies in the generated e-Admit card, the candidate must report to VIT immediately.
- A copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidates.
- Candidates are required to produce the Hall Ticket, photocopy of the Application Form, and a photo-ID card at the test center.
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in VITEEE.
- The examination result and counselling details will be published on the VIT website.
- Since the final ranks are scrutinized with extreme care, there is no provision for re-ranking and re-totaling.
- Please note that the photocopies of the answer sheets will not be made available.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE, conducted by VIT.
- Admissions will be done through centralized single window counselling for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Andhra Pradesh & VIT Bhopal.
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their rank in VITEEE and will be called for the counselling.
- The online counselling will be held in five phases. A non-refundable counselling fee of Rs.5,900 is required to participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates can select the campus of their choice at the time of counselling based on their rank.
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Aptitude and English are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering, B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics and B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Health Informatics programmes only.
- The selection of subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Aptitude and English) has to be mentioned in the application form.
|VITEEE Online Application starts||Open Now|
|Last Date for receipt of Application Form||March 30, 2024|
|VITEEE Mock Test||TBA|
|Slot Booking and Hall ticket generation||TBA|
|Exam Dates||April 19 – April 30, 2024|
|Declaration of Results||May 3, 2024|
Candidates can contact VIT through written communication, phone or email.
|VIT Contact Information|
|Address||Director – UG Admissions,|
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu (India)