VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2021
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is conducted by VIT Vellore (also known as VIT University) for admission in Engineering Courses at VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Andhra Pradesh & VIT Bhopal.
|Exam Name||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination|
|Also Known As||VITEEE|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||VIT Vellore|
UPDATE (June 14, 2021): VITEEE 2021 counselling has started, read VITEEE Counselling.
UPDATE (June 12, 2021): VITEEE 2021 result has been announced, read VITEEE Result.
UPDATE (May 20, 2021): VITEEE 2021 Slot Booking is open now, read VITEEE Slot Booking.
UPDATE (May 13, 2021): VIT Admission eligibility criteria has been relaxed, check VITEEE 2021 Eligibility.
UPDATE (May 12, 2021): Candidates need to book slots for the 2 mock tests and actual Exam (ORPE) during the slot booking window. Read VITEEE 2021 Slot Booking.
UPDATE (May 6, 2021): VITEEE 2021 to be conducted as online remote proctored examination, exam pattern also changed. Read VITEEE 2021: Exam Pattern Changed.
UPDATE: VITEEE 2021 Application Forms are currently open, Subscribe to get notified about Exam News on Mobile for free.
UPDATE: VITEEE 2021 registrations have started, check detailed Application Form filling procedure here.
|MPCEA Paper||B.Tech. Degree programmes|
|BPCEA Paper||B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes|
- It is a Computer Based Test and candidates should do slot booking for Test.
- The exam will be of
2 hours and 30 minutes1 hour and 30 minutes duration.
- There will be 5 subject sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English, and Aptitude.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The medium of Question paper will be English.
- Check VITEEE Sample Questions here.
- UPDATE (May 6, 2021): VITEEE 2021 to be conducted as online remote proctored examination, exam pattern also changed. Read VITEEE 2021: Exam Pattern Changed.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Section||Number of Questions|
UPDATE (May 12, 2021): The time slots for the 3 tests i.e. the 2 mock tests and the actual test will be similar. The date and slot combinations can be checked here.
UPDATE (May 6, 2021): VITEEE 2021 will be conducted as online remote proctored examination on the following dates.
- May 28, 2021
- May 29, 2021
- May 31, 2021
- Session 1: 08:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- Session 2: 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Session 3: 01:30 PM to 03:00 PM
- Session 4: 04:00 PM to 05:30 PM
- Candidate should be a Resident/ Non Resident Indian National/ PIO Holder.
Date Of Birth
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1999 are eligible.
Performance in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have either passed or shall be appearing in 2021 for the qualifying examination (Class 12).
- Candidates should have secured a minimum aggregate of
60%55% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology in class 12.
- For SC/ST candidates and candidates from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh/ Arunachal Pradesh/ Assam/ Manipur/ Meghalaya/ Mizoram/ Nagaland/ Sikkim/ Tripura, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology in class 12 put together should be
Check VITEEE sample questions for Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, English, and Aptitude sections here.
- The official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for VITEEE.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer-based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- Mock test is for practice purpose only.
- UPDATE (May 12, 2021): There will be 2 mock tests held online for VITEEE 2021 for which candidates need to book slots. Both mock tests are compulsory to take the VITEEE (ORPE) exam.
VITEEE 2021 Application Fee for Online filling through website is ₹1,150 and for Online filling through Mobile App is ₹1,050.
- The registration for VITEEE 2021 has started from November 30, 2020.
- The last date to register is May 20, 2021.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them. Edit option will be enabled after the completion of the application form.
- Candidates will be able to edit all the particulars of their Online Application except mobile number / email id and correspondence address.
- Candidate can edit their online application contents up to the specified period.
|101||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|102||Andhra Pradesh||Amaravati (AP)|
|137||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|138||Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
|209||Uttar Pradesh||Rae Bareli|
- NRI candidates and candidates opting for Test centres outside India should pay USD 50.
- The candidates are required to reserve a
test center, date, and slot for taking the VITEEE examination.
- The slot booking will be done on VIT OTBS (VIT Online Test Booking System).
- The slot booking will be done on the first-come-first-served basis.
- The Online Test Booking Password will be sent by email to the email address mentioned in the application form.
- UPDATE (May 12, 2021): Candidates need to book slots for the 2 mock tests and actual Exam (ORPE) during the slot booking window from May 17, 2021 to May 21, 2021.
- UPDATE (May 12, 2021): The time slots for the 3 tests i.e. the 2 mock tests and the actual test will be similar. The date and slot combinations can be checked here.
- UPDATE (May 20, 2021): VITEEE 2021 Slot Booking is open now. Visit here to book your slot.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The e-Admit Card / Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the VIT website after a candidate has reserved his/her slot.
- Please note that the e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the before the last date. For candidates who have not booked their slot, the slots will be generated based on the information given on the application form and availability of the slot.
- The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate.
- If there are any discrepancies in the generated e-Admit card, the candidate must report to VIT immediately.
- A copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidates.
- Candidates are required to produce the Hall Ticket, photocopy of the Application Form, and a photo-ID card at the test center.
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in VITEEE-2021.
- The examination result and counselling details will be published on the VIT website.
- Since the final ranks are scrutinized with extreme care, there is no provision for re-ranking and re-totaling.
- Please note that the photocopies of the answer sheets will not be made available.
- UPDATE (June 12, 2021): VITEEE 2021 result has been announced, read VITEEE Result.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE, conducted by VIT.
- Admissions will be done through centralized single window counselling for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Andhra Pradesh & VIT Bhopal.
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their rank in VITEEE and will be called for the counselling.
- Candidates can select the campus of their choice at the time of counselling based on their rank.
- UPDATE (June 14, 2021): VITEEE 2021 counselling has started, read VITEEE Counselling.
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Aptitude and English are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering, B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics and Electronics and Communication with specialisation in Biomedical Engineering programmes only.
- The selection of subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Aptitude and English) has to be mentioned in the application form.
|VITEEE Online Application starts||November 30, 2020|
|Last date for Editing the Online Application||May 20, 2021|
|Last Date for receipt of Application Form||May 20, 2021|
|VITEEE 2021 Mock Test||May 20, 2021|
|Slot Booking and Hall ticket generation||May 17, 2021 – May 21, 2021|
|Exam Dates||May 28, 2021 – May 31, 2021|
|Declaration of Results||TBA|
Candidates can contact VIT through written communication, phone or email.
|VIT Contact Information|
|Address||Director – UG Admissions,|
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu (India)