VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2020
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is conducted by VIT Vellore (also known as VIT University) for admission in Engineering Courses at VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Andhra Pradesh & VIT Bhopal.
UPDATE (Sep 27, 2019): VITEEE 2020 registrations have started, check detailed Application Form filling procedure here.
UPDATE (Sep 10, 2019): VITEEE 2020 to include Aptitude section, check complete pattern here.
|Exam Name||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination|
|Also Known As||VITEEE|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||VIT Vellore|
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
|MPCEA Paper||B.Tech. Degree programmes|
|BPCEA Paper||B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes|
- It is a Computer Based Test and candidates should do slot booking for Test.
- The exam will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes duration.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- NEW: There will be 10 Questions based on Aptitude included from VITEEE-2020.
- Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The medium of Question paper will be English.
- Check VITEEE Sample Questions here.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
For PCM Preferred Candidates
|Section||Number of Questions|
For PCB Preferred Candidates
|Section||Number of Questions|
To be Announced; Expected: 2nd-3rd week of April 2020
- Session 1: 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Session 2: 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Session 3: 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- Candidate should be a Resident/ Non Resident Indian National/ PIO Holder.
Date Of Birth
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1998 are eligible.
Performance in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have either passed or shall be appearing in 2020 for the qualifying examination (Class 12).
- Candidates should have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology in class 12.
- For SC/ST candidates and candidates from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh/ Arunachal Pradesh/ Assam/ Manipur/ Meghalaya/ Mizoram/ Nagaland/ Sikkim/ Tripura, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology in class 12 put together should be 50%.
Check VITEEE sample questions for Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, English, and Aptitude sections here.
- The official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for VITEEE.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer-based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- Mock test is for practice purpose only.
VITEEE 2020 Application Fee for Online filling is ₹1,150 and for Offline filling is ₹1,250.
- The registration for VITEEE 2020 has started from September 27, 2019.
- The last date to register is February 29, 2020.
- UPDATE (Sep 27, 2019): VITEEE 2020 registrations have started, check detailed Application Form filling procedure here.
UPDATE: Check detailed Application Form filling procedure here.
- Visit the VITEEE website and click on “New user”.
- Furnish all the details and upload a scanned image of your passport size colour photograph and signature.
- Pay the Examination Fee by Debit/Credit card or Net Banking.
Note: Candidates who have applied through Online filling procedure are NOT required to send the hard copy of the application form.
Offline Filling Procedure
Offline Filling Procedure
- The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech. Degree programme, along with the Application Form can be obtained from the designated branches of post offices or VIT campuses against cash payment of ₹1,250.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form correctly as per the provided instructions.
- Candidates are also advised go through the checklist available inside the front cover of the brochure before mailing the duly completed application.
- The application should be refolded along the original fold only and inserted in the self-addressed envelope provided by VIT which is then to be sent either by Registered Post or Speed Post, so as to reach the VIT office on or before the stipulated deadline of February 29, 2020.
- Any application received after the last date will not be accepted. Also, any delay in receiving the application by the candidate will not be considered a valid reason for late submission.
- Once the application is received by VIT, a message will be sent through SMS to the candidates stating that their application has been received at VIT, provided that the mobile number is correctly shaded in the application form.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them. Edit option will be enabled after the completion of the application form.
- Candidates will be able to edit all the particulars of their Online Application except mobile number / email id and correspondence address.
- Candidate can edit their online application contents up to February 29, 2020.
|101||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|114||Arunachal Pradesh||Ita Nagar|
|138||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|139||Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
- NRI candidates and candidates opting for Test centres outside India should pay USD 50.
- The candidates are required to reserve a test center, date, and slot for taking the VITEEE examination.
- The slot booking will be done on VIT OTBS (VIT Online Test Booking System).
- The slot booking will be done on the first-come-first-served basis.
- For both OMR and online applicants, the Online Test Booking Password will be sent by email to the email address mentioned in the application form.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The e-Admit Card / Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the VIT website after a candidate has reserved his/her slot.
- Please note that the e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the before the last date. For candidates who have not booked their slot, the slots will be generated based on the information given on the application form and availability of the slot.
- The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate.
- If there are any discrepancies in the generated e-Admit card, the candidate must report to VIT immediately.
- A copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidates.
- Candidates are required to produce the Hall Ticket, photocopy of the Application Form, and a photo-ID card at the test center.
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in VITEEE-2020.
- The examination result and counselling details will be published on the VIT website.
- Since the final ranks are scrutinized with extreme care, there is no provision for re-ranking and re-totaling.
- Please note that the photocopies of the answer sheets will not be made available.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE, conducted by VIT.
- Admissions will be done through centralized single window counselling for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Andhra Pradesh & VIT Bhopal.
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their rank in VITEEE and will be called for the counselling.
- Candidates can select the campus of their choice at the time of counselling based on their rank.
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Aptitude and English are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering, B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics and Electronics and Communication with specialisation in Biomedical Engineering programmes only.
- The selection of subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Aptitude and English) has to be mentioned in the application form.
|VITEEE Online Application starts||September 27, 2019|
|Issue of VITEEE Application Forms (OMR)||TBA; Expected: November 2019|
|Editing the Online Application||Till February 29, 2020|
|Last Date for receipt of Application Form||February 29, 2020|
|Slot Booking and Hall ticket generation||TBA; Expected: 3rd week of March 2020|
|Exam Dates||TBA; Expected: 2nd-3rd week of April 2020|
|Declaration of Results||April 30, 2020|
Candidates can contact VIT through written communication, phone or email.
|VIT Contact Information|
|Address||Director – UG Admissions,|
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu (India)