PES Scholastic Aptitude Test 2023
PES Scholastic Aptitude Test (PESSAT) is conducted by PES University, Bangalore for admission to engineering and other courses at PES University institutions.
B.Tech. course is offered at PES University (Ring Road Campus) and PES University (Electronic City Campus). For admissions to Engineering Programs, PESSAT will be conducted at various locations across the country.
|Exam Name||PES Scholastic Aptitude Test|
|Also Known As||PESSAT|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||PES University, Bangalore|
UPDATE (June 11, 2023): PESSAT 2023 counselling will be held from June 17 to June 18, read PESSAT 2023 Counselling.
UPDATE (June 8, 2023): PESSAT 2023 exam result has been declared, read PESSAT 2023 Exam Result.
UPDATE (May 11, 2023): Slot Booking for PESSAT 2023 exam has started, read PESSAT 2023 Slot Booking.
UPDATE (Mar 3, 2023): PESSAT 2023 exam dates have been announced, read PESSAT 2023 Exam Date.
UPDATE (Nov 1, 2022): PESSAT 2023 Applications are currently open, Subscribe to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
- It is a Computer Based Test and candidates should do slot booking for Test.
- The exam will be of 3 hours duration.
- The exam shall contain two sections with Section 1 containing questions of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and Section 2 containing questions on English grammar.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
May 17 – June 4, 2023
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 50% in class 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Section 1 will contain class 11th and 12th topics covered in CBSE from the Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects while Section 2 will contain questions on English grammar.
Check PESSAT sample questions for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics sections here.
PESSAT 2023 Application Fee is ₹1150.
- The registration for PESSAT 2023 will begin from October 20, 2022.
- The last date to register is May 8, 2023 for candidates from outside Bengaluru and May 16, 2023 for candidates willing to take PESSAT at Bangalore centre.
NEW: Check PESSAT Application Form filling procedure here.
- Visit the PESSAT website, choose B.Tech. and click on “Submit”.
- Enter the basic details and provide Branch preferences.
- Pay the Examination Fee by Debit/Credit card or Net Banking or Bank Challan.
- Complete the Registration Form and upload a scanned image of your passport size colour photograph.
- Save the application form for future reference.
- The candidates are required to reserve their date and time (slot) for taking the test.
- It will be done on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The slot bookings are expected to start in May 2023.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- A candidate needs to reserve his/her test date and time. After booking the test slot, Admit Card will be generated.
- Candidates should take a print-out of the Admit Card.
- Candidates are required to produce the Admit Card at the test centre.
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
PES University reserves the right to cancel any test centre at any point of time. If a test centre is cancelled, students will be automatically assigned their secondary test centre option they selected at the time of registration.
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in PESSAT.
- The examination result and counselling details will be published on the PES University website.
- The admission will be based on the marks secured in the PESSAT, conducted by PES University.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their rank in PESSAT and will be called for the counselling.
- PESSAT rank will be considered for BTech admission at both campuses of PES University namely Ring Road campus and Electronic city campus.
- Candidates paying through DD need to get DD in Favor of “PES University General Fund” payable at Bangalore and send it along with printed application form to “Manager – Admissions, Office of Admissions, PES University, 100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage, Bangalore – 560085”.
- PESSAT can only be attempted once by any candidate for the given academic year.
|Start of online registrations||October 20, 2022|
|Last date to register for students from outside Bengaluru||May 8, 2023|
|Commencement of Slot Bookings||May 11, 2023|
|Last date for candidates to register who are willing to take PESSAT at Bangalore centre only||May 16, 2023|
|PESSAT||May 17 – June 4, 2023|
|PESSAT Results||June 8, 2023|
|First Round of B.Tech. Counselling||June 17 – June 18, 2023|
|Last date for submission of Original documents (only for admitted students)||July 2023|
|Second Round of B.Tech. Counselling||July 2023|
Candidates can contact PES through written communication, phone or email.
|PES Contact Information|
|Address||PES University Ring Road Campus|
100 Feet Ring Road
BSK III Stage
Bangalore-560085, Karnataka (India)
|Phone||080-26721983, 080-26722108, 9449794000|