PES Scholastic Aptitude Test 2020
PES Scholastic Aptitude Test (PESSAT) is conducted by PES University, Bangalore for admission to engineering and other courses at PES University institutions.
UPDATE (Oct 4, 2019): PESSAT 2020 registrations have started, check detailed Application Form filling procedure here: PESSAT Application Form.
B.Tech. course is offered at PES University (Ring Road Campus) and PES University (Electronic City Campus). For admissions to Engineering Programs, PESSAT will be conducted at various locations across the country.
|Exam Name||PES Scholastic Aptitude Test|
|Also Known As||PESSAT|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||PES University, Bangalore|
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
- UPDATE (Sep 17, 2019): PESSAT 2020 Registrations to start from October 3, 2019.
- It is a Computer Based Test and candidates should do slot booking for Test.
- The exam will be of 3 hours duration.
- The exam shall contain two sections with Section 1 containing questions of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and Section 2 containing questions on English grammar.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
To be Announced; Expected: May 2020
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 60% in class 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Section 1 will contain 11th class and 12th class topics covered in CBSE while Section 2 will contain questions on English grammar.
Check PESSAT sample questions for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics sections here.
PESSAT 2020 Application Fee is ₹1050.
- The registration for PESSAT 2020 will begin from October 3, 2019.
- The last date to register is April 17, 2020 for candidates from outside Bengaluru and April 22, 2020 for candidates willing to take PESSAT at Bangalore centre.
- UPDATE (Oct 4, 2019): PESSAT 2020 registrations have started, check detailed Application Form filling procedure here.
- Visit the PESSAT website, choose B.Tech. and click on “Submit”.
- Enter the basic details and provide Branch preferences.
- Pay the Examination Fee by Debit/Credit card or Net Banking or Bank Challan.
- Complete the Registration Form and upload a scanned image of your passport size colour photograph.
- Save the application form for future reference.
- The candidates are required to reserve their date and time (slot) for taking the test.
- It will be done on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The slot bookings are expected to start on April 24, 2020.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- A candidate needs to reserve his/her test date and time. After booking the test slot, Admit Card will be generated.
- Candidates should take a print-out of the Admit Card.
- Candidates are required to produce the Admit Card at the test centre.
|Assam (North East)||Guwahati|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
PES University reserves the right to cancel any test centre at any point of time. If a test centre is cancelled, students will be automatically assigned their secondary test centre option they selected at the time of registration.
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in PESSAT.
- The examination result and counselling details will be published on the PES University website.
- The admission will be based on the marks secured in the PESSAT, conducted by PES University.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their rank in PESSAT and will be called for the counselling.
- PESSAT rank will be considered for BTech admission at both campuses of PES University namely Ring Road campus and Electronic city campus.
- Candidates paying through DD need to get DD in Favor of “PES University General Fund” payable at Bangalore and send it along with printed application form to “Manager – Admissions, Office of Admissions, PES University, 100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage, Bangalore – 560085”.
- PESSAT can only be attempted once by any candidate for the given academic year.
|Start of online registrations||October 3, 2019|
|Last date to register for students from outside Bengaluru||April 17, 2020|
|Last date for candidates to register who are willing to take PESSAT at Bangalore centre only||April 22, 2020|
|Commencement of Slot Bookings||April 24, 2020|
|PESSAT||TBA; Expected: May 2020|
|Last date to update 12th std/ 2nd PU marks||TBA; Expected: May 2020|
|PESSAT Results||TBA; Expected: June 2020|
|First Round of B.Tech. Counselling||TBA; Expected: June 2020|
|Last date for submission of Original documents (only for admitted students)||TBA; Expected: July 2020|
|Second Round of B.Tech. Counselling||TBA; Expected: July 2020|
Candidates can contact PES through written communication, phone or email.
|PES Contact Information|
|Address||PES University Ring Road Campus|
100 Feet Ring Road
BSK III Stage
Bangalore-560085, Karnataka (India)
|Phone||080-26721983, 080-26722108, 9449794000|