National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2019
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is conducted by Council of Architecture (CoA) for admission to first year of 5 year B.Arch. Degree Course at recognized institutions across India. The test measures mathematical skills, general aptitude, drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability.
NATA 2019 notification is yet to be released. Check expected dates here.
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
NEW: MIT Manipal B.Tech. Admissions are open. Click here to apply.
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Also Known As||NATA|
|Exam Mode||Online-cum-Paper Based Test|
|Conducted by||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
- It is an Online-cum-Paper Based Test of 3 hours duration.
- The question paper will consist of 2 parts which will carry a total of 200 marks.
- Part A comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of Mathematics & General Aptitude which are to be answered online.
- For Part A, each question will have only one correct option and correct response will yield 2 marks. There is no negative marking.
- Part B is a paper based test which comprises of 2 Drawing questions of 40 marks each.
- For Part B, each answer will be examined by more than one examiner independently and the marks will be averaged. The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is on the candidate’s drawing, imagination and observation skills.
- All the Questions and instructions will be available in English medium only.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|A) Part A (First 90 minutes, Online)|
|General Aptitude (MCQ)||40||80|
|B) Part B (Last 90 minutes, Paper-based)|
To be Announced
10:30 AM to 01:30 PM
Candidates may come from the following backgrounds:
- 10+2 or equivalent examination passed/appearing with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Govts with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
Admission to first year of B.Arch.
Qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2019.
Marks in Qualifying examination
Candidates can come with any of the following credentials:
- Secured 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- The official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for NATA.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer based test (Part A) and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- The mock test is for practice purpose only.
The registration fee for NATA 2019 is yet to be announced. The prescribed fee for the previous year was ₹1800 (₹1500 for SC/ST candidates).
- The registrations for NATA 2019 examination are expected to begin in the 2nd week of January 2019.
- The last date to apply is expected to be in last week of March 2019.
- Candidates need to visit the NATA website and fill the prescribed application form.
- Upload the required documents including a recent colour photograph, scanned copy of candidate’s signature and community certificate (for SC/ST only).
- Pay the Registration Fee through online payment modes.
- Save the confirmation page for future reference.
- The candidate is expected to fill up all details correctly and check the preview of the application before submitting it online.
- In rare circumstances, if any corrections are to be made, the candidate can send a request via email.
- For each Applicant, an Admit Card will be generated indicating the allotted Examination Centre for NATA examination.
- Candidates need to download the Admit Card from the NATA website.
- A printed copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination along with a photo identity card.
- Candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition till the completion of admission procedure.
- Bhilai Nagar
- Bokaro Steel City
- Greater Noida
- Navi Mumbai
- New Delhi
- Port Blair
- Those opting for Dubai as their first choice of Exam city need to fill up two more choices mandatorily.
- The candidates choosing exam centre in Dubai as per their first choice, shall be liable to pay an additional fee of INR 8000 per candidate during the application process.
- Dubai cannot be chosen as second or third choice of exam city.
- The response sheet of each candidate for Part A will be uploaded on NATA website along with subject wise mark(s) secured.
- Candidates can review their answer sheet and challenge it (if any).
- No review will be available for the drawing test (Part B).
In order to qualify NATA, a candidate must satisfy following conditons:
- At least 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- At least 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
The result will be declared on the NATA website after it’s notified.
It will be available as:
- Marks obtained out of 200 and marks in each component
- Whether Pass/Fail (Check Qualifying Marks)
Candidates must bring the following things to the exam hall:
- Downloaded Admit Card
- Proof of Identity – Aadhar / Passport / Driving License / Voter ID / e-Aadhar
- Pen, pencils, eraser, colour pencils (Not water/oil colour or crayon).
Note: Instruments of any kind including scale are not permitted.
|Start of online registrations||TBA; Expected: 2nd week of January 2019|
|End of registrations||TBA; Expected: Last week of March 2019|
|Publication of Admit Card||TBA; Expected: 2nd week of April 2019|
|NATA examination||TBA; Expected: April 2019|
|Publication of results||TBA; Expected: 1st week of June 2019|
Candidates can contact NATA through written communication, phone or email.
|NATA Contact Information|
|Address||Council of Architecture,|
India Habitat Centre, Core 6A, 1st Floor,
New Delhi-110003, Delhi (India)