KEAM Entrance Examination 2019
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu and Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full time courses for Government share of seats in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and other courses in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka.
KEA CET 2019 notification is yet to be released. Check expected dates here.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||KCET|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper based test)|
|Conducted by||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
- The exam will be an offline pen-paper based test that will be held on 2 days in 4 different sessions for four subjects.
- There will be 4 subject papers (Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) of objective (MCQ) type questions.
- Each subject paper carries 60 questions and has a duration of 80 minutes.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Merit rank for Engineering will be determined by taking marks in equal proportions in Qualifying Examination and CET in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|TBA||10:30 am – 11:50 am||Biology|
|2:30 pm – 3:50 pm||Mathematics|
|TBA||10:30 am – 11:50 pm||Physics|
|2:30 pm -3:50 pm||Chemistry|
Eligibility for Engineering courses
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer.
- Should have passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects.
Eligibility for Architecture courses
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) in all the subjects.
- Should have passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
The entrance test will be based on the First and Second PUC syllabi prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
Registration fee for KEA CET 2019 is yet to be announced.
Candidates can check previous year fees below:
|A) Candidates of Karnataka origin|
|General and OBC candidates||₹650|
|SC / ST Category-1 candidates||₹500|
|B) PU/12th Studied in State Other Than Karnataka|
|C) Candidates residing outside India|
- The registrations for KEA CET 2019 examination are expected to begin in the 1st week of February 2019.
- The last date to apply is expected to be in 2nd week of March 2019.
- Candidates need to visit the KEA CET website and fill the prescribed application form.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, candidate signature, candidate left-hand thumb impression, and parent signature.
- Pay the application fee in any branch of the specified banks.
- Save application summary page for future reference.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The Online Test Admission Ticket (Online TAT) can be downloaded from the KEA CET website after it’s notified.
- Candidates are required to produce the Test Admission Ticket at the examination centre.
- The Test Admission Ticket is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of Counseling/Admission.
- All major districts of Karnataka
- The answer keys of KEA CET will be made available on the KEA CET website.
- If anyone is unsatisfied with an answer, the candidate/ parent/ lecturer can file objection addressed to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” on or before prescribed date either in person or through SPEED POST or email ([email protected]), along with all supporting documents/justification.
- The decision of the Expert Committee will be final.
Result / Rank List
For Engineering courses
- A merit list will be prepared by taking marks in equal proportions in the Qualifying Examination (10+2) and CET in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- There are no minimum marks prescribed in CET.
For Architecture courses
- For admission to Architecture course, the candidate should compulsorily appear for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the rank in KEA-CET.
- Candidates can select the college/branch of their choice at the time of counselling based on their rank.
Candidates have to take the printout of the application form on A-4 Size sheet of paper. Affix candidate’s recent Passport size Photograph, signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression on the space provided. Afterwards, students have to obtain Principal seal and signature from the college where they have studied 2nd PU or 12th Standard on the space provided in the printed form. The same copy should be produced during document verification along with the copy of the Challan (KEA copy).
|Commencement of online form submission||TBA; Expected: 1st week of February 2019|
|Last date for online form submission||TBA; Expected: 2nd week of March 2019|
|Last date to pay the application fee in bank / e-post office||TBA; Expected: 2nd week of March 2019|
|Downloading Admission Ticket||TBA; Expected: 1st week of April 2019|
|Karnataka CET Exam date||TBA; Expected: April 2019|
Candidates can contact KEA through written communication, phone or email.
|KEA Contact Information|
|Address||Karnataka Examinations Authority,|
18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram,
Bangalore-560012, Karnataka (India)