Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2020
Applications Closing Soon
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu and Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full time courses for Government share of seats in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and other courses in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka.
UPDATE (Feb 5, 2020): KEA CET 2020 Registrations have started, read more here.
UPDATE (Feb 5, 2020): KCET 2020 Application Forms to open from February 5, 2020 (11 AM), Subscribe to get notified on Mobile for free.
UPDATE (Jan 1, 2020): KEA CET 2020 exam schedule has been announced. Read more here.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||KCET|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper based test)|
|Conducted by||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
- The exam will be an offline pen-paper based test that will be held on 2 days in 4 different sessions for four subjects.
- There will be 4 subject papers (Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) of objective (MCQ) type questions.
- Each subject paper carries 60 questions and has a duration of 80 minutes.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Merit rank for Engineering will be determined by taking marks in equal proportions in Qualifying Examination and CET in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|April 22, 2020||10:30 am – 11:50 am||Biology|
|2:30 pm – 3:50 pm||Mathematics|
|April 23, 2020||10:30 am – 11:50 pm||Physics|
|2:30 pm -3:50 pm||Chemistry|
Previous Admission through KEA
- A candidate who had obtained a seat in any discipline through KEA (CET Cell) in any of the previous years and not surrendered the seat before the last date fixed for entry of options for final round of seat allotment for the respective disciplines will not be eligible for allotment of a seat to the same discipline in this year.
Eligibility for Engineering courses
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer.
- Should have passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects.
Eligibility for Architecture courses
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) in 10+2 level examination.
- Minimum 50% marks (45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The entrance test will be based on the First and Second PUC syllabi prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
Past Question Papers
See previous year Question Papers and Answers here.
KEA CET 2020 Application Fee is as follows:
|A) Candidates of Karnataka origin|
|General, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B Category candidates||₹500|
|SC, ST, Cat-1 Category candidates||₹250|
|B) PU/12th Studied in State Other Than Karnataka|
|C) Candidates residing outside India|
- The registrations for KEA CET 2020 examination will begin from February 5, 2020 (11 AM).
- The last date to apply is March 2, 2020 (5.30 PM).
- UPDATE (Feb 5, 2020): KEA CET 2020 Registrations have started, read more here.
- Candidates need to visit the KEA CET website and fill the prescribed application form.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, candidate signature, candidate left-hand thumb impression, and parent signature.
- Pay the application fee in any branch of the specified banks.
- Save application summary page for future reference.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- The correction window will be open from March 19, 2020 (11 AM) to March 25, 2020 (5.30 PM).
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The Online Test Admission Ticket (Online TAT) can be downloaded from the KEA CET website after April 10, 2020.
- Candidates are required to produce the Test Admission Ticket at the examination centre.
- The Test Admission Ticket is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of Counseling/Admission.
- Ballari (Bellary)
- Belagavi (Belgaum)
- Bengaluru (Bangalore)
- Chikkamagaluru (Chickamagalur)
- Hosapete (Hospet)
- Hubballi (Hubli)
- K G F
- Kalaburgi (Gulbarga)
- Mangaluru (Mangalore)
- Mysuru (Mysore)
- Shivamogga (Shimoga)
- Tumakuru (Tumkur)
- Vijayapura (Bijapur)
- The answer keys of KEA CET will be made available on the KEA CET website.
- If anyone is unsatisfied with an answer, the candidate/ parent/ lecturer can file objection addressed to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” on or before prescribed date either in person or through SPEED POST or email ([email protected]), along with all supporting documents/justification.
- The decision of the Expert Committee will be final.
Result / Rank List
For Engineering courses
- A merit list will be prepared by taking marks in equal proportions in the Qualifying Examination (10+2) and CET in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- There are no minimum marks prescribed in CET.
For Architecture courses
- For admission to Architecture course, the candidate should compulsorily appear for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the rank in KEA-CET.
- Candidates can select the college/branch of their choice at the time of counselling based on their rank.
Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their claim in the online application nor printout of their Application Form (Final Printout) to KEA.
|Commencement of online form submission||February 5, 2020|
|Last date for online form submission||March 2, 2020|
|Last date to pay the application fee in bank / e-post office||March 6, 2020|
|Application Correction window opens||March 19, 2020|
|Application Correction window closes||March 25, 2020|
|Downloading Admission Ticket||April 10, 2020|
|Karnataka CET Exam date||April 22 – April 23, 2020|
|Kannada Language Test||April 24, 2020|
Candidates can contact KEA through written communication, phone or email.
|KEA Contact Information|
|Address||Karnataka Examinations Authority,|
18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram,
Bangalore-560012, Karnataka (India)