The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority for the purpose of determining the eligibility / merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu and Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full time courses for Government share of seats in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and other courses in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||KCET|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper based test)|
|Conducted by||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
- It will be an offline pen-paper based test that will be held on 2 days in 4 different sessions for four subjects.
- There will be 4 subject papers (Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) of objective (MCQ) type questions.
- Each subject paper carries 60 questions and has a duration of 80 minutes.
- Each MCQ will have 1 mark each.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Merit rank for Engineering will be determined by taking marks in equal proportions in Qualifying Examination and CET in PCM subjects.
|April 18, 2018 (Wednesday)||10:30 am – 11:50 am||Biology|
|2:30 pm – 3:50 pm||Mathematics|
|April 19, 2018 (Thursday)||10:30 am – 11:50 pm||Physics|
|2:30 pm -3:50 pm||Chemistry|
Eligibility for Engineering courses
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer.
- Should have passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects.
Eligibility for Architecture courses
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) in all the subjects.
- Should have passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
The entrance test will be based on the First and Second PUC syllabi prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
|A) Candidates of Karnataka origin|
|General and OBC candidates||₹650|
|SC / ST Category-1 candidates||₹500|
|B) PU/12th Studied in State Other Than Karnataka|
|C) Candidates residing outside India|
- The registration for KEA CET 2018 will begin on February 1, 2018 at 11 AM.
- The last date to register is
February 26, 2018 (upto 5:30PM) March 8, 2018March 22, 2018 while the last date for paying the application fees in the bank is February 28, 2018 March 9, 2018March 22, 2018.
- UPDATE: KEA CET 2018 Registrations have started, read more here.
- UPDATE: KEA CET 2018 last date is extended to March 8, 2018, read more here.
- UPDATE: KEA CET 2018 Registration Window Reopened, read more here.
- Candidates must fill-up the online application form through KEA CET website.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, candidate signature, candidate left hand thumb impression and parent signature.
- Pay the application fee in any branch of the specified banks.
- Save application summary page for future reference.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The Online Test Admission Ticket (Online TAT) can be downloaded from the KEA CET website from April 10, 2018 (from 11AM).
- Candidates are required to produce the Test Admission Ticket at the examination centre.
- The Test Admission Ticket is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of Counseling/Admission.
- All major districts of Karnataka
- The answer keys of KEA CET will be made available on KEA CET website.
- If anyone is unsatisfied with any answer, the candidate / parent / lecturer can file objection addressed to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” on or before prescribed date either in person or through SPEED POST or email ([email protected]), along with all supporting documents / justification.
- The decision of Expert Committee will be final.
Result / Rank List
For Engineering courses
- A merit list will be prepared by taking marks in equal proportions in the Qualifying Examination (10+2) and CET in PCM subjects.
- There are no minimum marks prescribed in CET.
For Architecture courses
- For admission to Architecture course, candidate should compulsorily appear for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the rank in KEA-CET.
- Candidates can select the college/branch of their choice at the time of counselling based on their rank.
Candidates have to take the printout of the application form on A-4 Size sheet of paper. Affix candidate’s recent Passport size Photograph, signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression on the space provided. Afterwards students have to obtain Principal seal and signature from the college where they have studied 2nd PU or 12th Standard on the space provided in the printed form. The same copy should be produced during document verification along with the copy of the Challan (KEA copy).
|Commencement of online form submission||February 1, 2018|
|Last date for online form submission|
|Last date to pay application fee in bank / e-post office|
|Downloading Admission Ticket||April 10, 2018|
|Karnataka CET Exam date||April 18 – April 19, 2018|