Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2021
Applications Closing Soon
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority to determine the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu and Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full-time courses for Government share of seats in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and other courses in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||KCET|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper based test)|
|Conducted by||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
UPDATE (June 15, 2021): KEA CET 2021 registrations are open now, check KCET 2021 Application Procedure.
UPDATE (May 12, 2021): KEA CET 2021 exam revised schedule has been announced, exam to be conducted from August 28, 2021 to August 29, 2021. Read KEA-CET Exam Schedule.
UPDATE (Feb 25, 2021): KEA CET 2021 exam syllabus announced, read KEA-CET Exam Syllabus.
What’s New in KCET 2021?
- Candidates who pass the 2nd PU/ 12th std examination with PCM or with required optional subjects, will be considered as eligible for admission to Engineering.
- Ranks will be assigned on the basis of the marks obtained PCM or PCB subjects in CET examination only.
ALERT: Applications for final phase of B.Tech Admissions at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham close on July 5. Ranked 4th best University by NIRF 2020. Click here to apply.
NEW: NIIT University B.Tech. Early Admission round has been extended, click here to apply.
NEW: Chandigarh University Phase-I applications (Maximum Scholarship) for B.Tech Admissions will close on July 29. Click here to apply.
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
- The exam will be an offline pen-paper based test that will be held on 2 days in 4 different sessions for four subjects.
- There will be 4 subject papers (Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) of objective (MCQ) type questions.
- Each subject paper carries 60 questions and has a duration of 80 minutes.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking.
- A Kannada Language Test of 60 minutes duration carrying 50 marks will be conducted for Horanadu And Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates.
- Merit rank for Engineering will be determined by taking marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in CET..
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|10:30 am – 11:50 am||Biology|
|2:30 pm – 3:50 pm||Mathematics|
|10:30 am – 11:50 pm||Physics|
|2:30 pm -3:50 pm||Chemistry|
|11:30 am – 12:30 pm||Kannada Language Test|
- A candidate must satisfy any one of the eligibility clauses of KCET 2021 Eligibility Clauses.
Previous Admission through KEA
- A candidate who had obtained a seat in any discipline through KEA (CET Cell) in any of the previous years and not surrendered the seat before the last date fixed for entry of options for the final round of seat allotment for the respective disciplines will not be eligible for allotment of a seat to the same discipline in this year.
Eligibility for Engineering courses
Marks in Qualifying Examination
Minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer.
- Should have passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects.
Eligibility for Architecture courses
Refer to NATA eligibility.
The entrance test will be based on the First and Second PUC syllabi prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. The prescribed PUC syllabus for 2021 can be checked below.
Past Question Papers
See previous years’ Question Papers and Answers here.
KEA CET 2021 Application Fee is as follows:
|A) Candidates of Karnataka origin|
|General, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B Category candidates||₹500|
|SC, ST, Cat-1 Category candidates||₹250|
|B) PU/12th Studied in State Other Than Karnataka|
|C) Candidates residing outside India|
- The registrations for KEA CET 2021 examination will begin from June 15, 2021.
- The last date to apply is July 10, 2021 (upo 5.30 PM) while the last date to pay the application fee is July 13, 2021.
- NEW: Check detailed steps for filling the Application Form here.
NEW: Check detailed steps for filling the Application Form here.
- Candidates need to visit the KEA CET website and fill the prescribed application form.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, candidate signature, candidate left-hand thumb impression, and parent signature.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the application summary page for future reference.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- The correction window will be open during July 19 – July 22, 2021.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The Online Test Admission Ticket (Online TAT) can be downloaded from the KEA CET website after August 13, 2021.
- Candidates are required to produce the Test Admission Ticket at the examination centre.
- The Test Admission Ticket is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of Counseling/Admission.
- Ballari (Bellary)
- Belagavi (Belgaum)
- Bengaluru (Bangalore)
- Chikkamagaluru (Chickamagalur)
- Hosapete (Hospet)
- Hubballi (Hubli)
- K G F
- Kalaburgi (Gulbarga)
- Mangaluru (Mangalore)
- Mysuru (Mysore)
- Shivamogga (Shimoga)
- Tumakuru (Tumkur)
- Vijayapura (Bijapur)
Candidates who have passed or are appearing for the Qualifying Examination within Karnataka should write the CET in a test centre assigned by the KEA within the district in which the candidate has studied the 12th standard.
- The answer keys of KEA CET will be made available on the KEA CET website.
- If anyone is unsatisfied with an answer, the candidate/ parent/ lecturer can file an objection addressed to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” on or before the prescribed date either in person or through Speed Post, OR email at [email protected], along with all supporting documents/justification.
- The decision of the Expert Committee will be final.
Result / Rank List
For Engineering courses
A merit list will be prepared by taking marks in equal proportions in the Qualifying Examination (10+2) and CET in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
- For the academic year 2021-22, the merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in CET.
- There are no minimum marks prescribed in CET.
For Architecture courses
- For admission to the Architecture course, the candidate should compulsorily appear for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the rank in KEA-CET.
- Candidates can select the college/branch of their choice at the time of counselling based on their rank.
Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their claim in the online application nor printout of their Application Form (Final Printout) to KEA.
|Commencement of online form submission||June 15, 2021|
|Last date for online form submission||July 10, 2021|
|Last date to pay the application fee online||July 13, 2021|
|Application Correction window opens||July 19, 2021|
|Application Correction window closes||July 22, 2021|
|Downloading Admission Ticket||August 13, 2021|
|Karnataka CET Exam date|
|Kannada Language Test|
Candidates can contact KEA through written communication, phone, or email.
|KEA Contact Information|
|Address||Karnataka Examinations Authority,|
18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram,
Bangalore-560012, Karnataka (India)