IPU Common Entrance Test 2024
The admissions to the programmes of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) are either through National Level Test conducted by various authorities or through Common Entrance Tests (CET) conducted by the University. Know more about IPU colleges here.
From the academic session 2019-20, the CET entrance examination has been discontinued for many programmes. It will be replaced by National Level Exams. Applicants must fill the application number of the National Level Test (as provided by the concerned national test conducting agency) in the University Application form (online) correctly.
Note: Aspirants of Non-CET programmes like B.Tech. need to fill the common registration form and enter their national level test details.
|Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||IPU CET|
|Exam Mode||No entrance for B.Tech, JEE Main merit to be used|
|Conducted by||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
UPDATE (Sep 15, 2023): IPU Applications are expected to open in March 2024, Subscribe to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
Candidates need to fill the common registration form and pay the registration fee, and later, once the admission process starts, fill the counselling form and pay the counselling participation fee.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- The candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate must have passed each subject in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/ elective/ functional) in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel/ Persons With Disability will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks.
- All applicants are required to appear in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main Paper 1 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The University shall not conduct its own CET for admissions, but shall be utilizing the merit of JEE Main Paper 1 for its admissions.
- As on August 1, 2024, candidate should not be beyond 21 years.
IPU CET 2024 Application Fee is yet to be announced. Application Fee for previous year was ₹1,500.
- The registration for IPU CET 2024 is expected to begin in March 2024.
- The last date to register is yet to be announced.
- NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form: IPU CET Application Procedure.
- Candidates need to fill the common registration form and pay the registration fee, and later, once the admission process starts, fill the counselling form and pay the counselling participation fee.
NOTE: Candidates need to fill the common registration form and pay the registration fee, and later, once the admission process starts, fill the counselling form and pay the counselling participation fee.
NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
- Candidates must fill-up the online application form through IPU CET website.
- Register by filling the general information form and create User Id & Password.
- Fill all the required details like Personal details and Contact details.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature and date of birth document.
- Choose the course code 131 for B.Tech and enter your Qualification details & JEE Main details.
- Pay the examination fee online (by Credit card/Debit Card/NetBanking).
- Save the course registration form for future references.
- Candidates can edit their Application Form after closure of registrations to rectify mistakes (if any).
- Qualification details submitted by the candidate cannot be edited at any stage of application.
- Canidates can edit their Application Form during the specified period.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the merit in JEE Main Paper 1.
- Admissions will be done based on the rank in merit list.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the merit in JEE Main Paper 1.
- 85% seats are reserved for Delhi Region Candidates while 15% seats are reserved for Outside Delhi Region Candidates.
- Candidates need to separately fill the counselling application and pay the counselling participation fee. Read more about GGSIPU Counselling here.
|Start of Application submission||TBA; Expected: March 2024|
|Deadline for application||TBA|
|Exam Date||No exam will be conducted, admissions through JEE Main Paper 1|
Candidates can contact CET Cell through written communication, phone or email.
|CET Cell Contact Information|
|Address||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, |
New Delhi – 110078, Delhi (India)
|Admission Helpline||011-25302169, 011-25302171|