IPU Common Entrance Test 2020
Applications Closing Soon
The admissions to the programmes of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) are either through National Level Test conducted by various authorities or through Common Entrance Tests (CET) conducted by the University. Know more about IPU colleges here.
From the academic session 2019-20, the CET entrance examination has been discontinued for many programmes. It will be replaced by National Level Exams. Applicants must fill the application number of the National Level Test (as provided by the concerned national test conducting agency) in the University Application form (online) correctly.
UPDATE (Mar 30, 2020): IPU CET 2020 Application last date has been extended, read IPU-CET 2020 Last Date Extended.
UPDATE (Mar 3, 2020): IPU CET 2020 Application Forms are open, check IPU CET Application Procedure.
UPDATE (Mar 3, 2020): IPU CET 2020 registrations have started, candidates applying for CET Code 131 (B.Tech) will be required to fill JEE Main registration details. Admissions to B.Tech course will be done on the basis of performance in JEE Main Paper-1.
NOTE: IPU CET Application is necessary even for Non-CET programmes like B.Tech.
|Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||IPU CET|
|Exam Mode||No entrance for B.Tech, JEE Main merit to be used|
|Conducted by||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
ALERT: It’s the Last Day to apply for Manipal Entrance Test 2020. Click here to apply.
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- The candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate must have passed each subject in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/ elective/ functional) in the qualifying examination.
- All applicants are required to appear in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main Paper 1 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The University shall not conduct its own CET for admissions, but shall be utilizing the merit of JEE Main Paper 1 for its admissions.
- As on August 1, 2020, candidate should not be beyond 21 years.
IPU CET 2020 Application Fee is ₹1,200.
- The registration for IPU CET 2020 will begin from March 3, 2020.
- The last date to register is
March 31, 2020April 17, 2020.
- UPDATE (Mar 3, 2020): IPU CET 2020 Application Forms are open, check IPU CET Application Procedure.
- UPDATE (Mar 30, 2020): IPU CET 2020 Application last date has been extended, read IPU-CET 2020 Last Date Extended.
NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
- Candidates must fill-up the online application form through IPU CET website.
- Fill the general information form which contains the personal information fields.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
- Click on Qualification Details tab and fill the qualifying examination details.
- After getting the login ID and password, proceed by clicking on “Apply for Courses”.
- Choose the course code 131 for B.Tech and enter your JEE Main Application Number and Roll Number.
- Pay the examination fee online (by Credit card/Debit Card/NetBanking).
- Save the course registration form for future references.
- Candidates can edit their Application Form after closure of registrations to rectify mistakes (if any).
- Qualification details submitted by the candidate cannot be edited at any stage of application.
- Canidates can edit their Application Form during
April 1, 2020 – April 3, 2020April 18, 2020 – April 20, 2020.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the merit in JEE Main Paper 1.
- Admissions will be done based on the rank in merit list.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the merit in JEE Main paper 1.
- 85% seats are reserved for Delhi Region Candidates while 15% seats are reserved for Outside Delhi Region Candidates.
- Read more about GGSIPU Counselling here.
|Start of Application submission||March 3, 2020|
|Deadline for application|
|Exam Date||No exam will be conducted, admissions through JEE Main Paper 1|
Candidates can contact CET Cell through written communication, phone or email.
|CET Cell Contact Information|
|Address||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, |
New Delhi – 110078, Delhi (India)