The Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) for admission to various various courses at GGSIPU and it’s affiliated institutes. Know more about IPU colleges here.
LATEST UPDATE (May 23, 2018): IPU CET 2018 Result Declared, read more here.
|Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||IPU CET|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper based test)|
|Conducted by||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
- It will be a Pen-paper based test of Two and a half hours duration.
- Test consists of 150 questions carrying 600 marks..
- All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions) i.e. each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 4 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- Medium of Test will be English only.
- Note: B.Tech (Bio-Tech) examination will be of 3 hours duration consisting of 200 questions carrying 800 marks.
May 13, 2018 (Sunday)
02:00 PM to 04:30 PM 11:00 AM to 01:30 PM
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- The candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate must have passed each subject in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/ elective/ functional) in the qualifying examination.
- As on August 1 2018, candidate should not be beyond 21 years.
Syllabus is same as specified by CBSE for class 11th and 12th under the 10+2 Scheme for the students passing class 12th in the year 2018.
₹1,000 + processing charges + taxes
- The registration for IPU CET 2018 will begin on February 19, 2018.
- The last date to register is May 24, 2018.
- UPDATE: IPU CET 2018 Registrations have started, read more here.
- Candidates must fill-up the online application form through IPU CET website.
- Fill the general information form which contains the personal information fields.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
- Click on Qualification Details tab and fill the qualifying examination details.
- After getting the login ID and password, proceed by clicking on “Apply for Courses”.
- Choose the course code 131 for B.Tech and choose the test center details.
- Pay the examination fee online (by Credit card/Debit Card/NetBanking).
- Save the course registration form for future references.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The admit card will be available online, on or before 5 days of CET date.
- Candidates can download the admit card using log-in ID and password from the IPU-CET website.
- Candidates are required to paste the passport sized photograph on the admit card.
- Candidates won’t be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without the valid CET Admit Card.
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured in the IPU-CET examination.
- Candidates can download the marks / ranks from the IPU-CET website.
- UPDATE: IPU CET 2018 Result Declared, read more here.
- If any candidate is aggrieved by his/her result, he/she may apply for inspection of his/her OMR answer sheet, relevant question booklet and answer key and submit specific objections / grievances in specified performa along with a fee of Rs. 1000 within a week (at most 5 working days).
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the rank secured in IPU CET – 2018.
- 85% seats are reserved for Delhi Region Candidates while 15% seats are reserved for Outside Delhi Region Candidates.
- Read more about GGSIPU Counselling here.
|Start of Application submission||February 19, 2018|
|Deadline for application||May 1, 2018 (upto 4PM)|
|Exam Date||May 13, 2018|
|Result declared on||May 23, 2018|
- The candidates are required to report at their respective Examination Centre at least half an hour before the CET along with two copies of their Admit Card issued by the University.
- A candidate must bring his/her own black ball point pen to fill the answers in ovals of OMR answer sheet.