- IPU CET-2017 will be of total 2½-hour (Two and a half hours) duration (without break).
- All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions) i.e. each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 4 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- There will be 150 questions in all.
- The test will carry 600 marks.
- Medium of Test will be English only.
23rd April, 2017 (Sunday) 20th May, 2017 (Saturday)
02:00 to 04:30 P.M 02:30 to 05:00 P.M
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- The candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate must have passed each subject in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/ elective/ functional) in the qualifying examination.
- As on 01.08.2017, candidate should not be beyond 21 years.
Syllabus is same as specified by CBSE for class 11th and 12th under the 10+2 Scheme for the students passing class 12th in the year 2017.
₹1000 + processing charges + taxes
- Candidates must fill-up the online application form through IPU CET website.
- Fill the general information and Upload scanned images of photograph, signature & left hand thumb impression.
- After getting the login ID & password, proceed by clicking on “Apply for Courses”.
- Choose the course code 131 for B.Tech & choose the test center details.
- Pay the examination fee online (by Credit card/Debit Card/NetBanking).
- Save the course registration form for future references.
- The candidates are required to report at their respective Examination Centre at least half an hour before the CET along with two copies of their Admit Card issued by the University.
- A candidate must bring his/her own black ball point pen to fill the answers in ovals of OMR answer sheet.