IPU Common Entrance Test 2021
The admissions to the programmes of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) are either through National Level Test conducted by various authorities or through Common Entrance Tests (CET) conducted by the University. Know more about IPU colleges here.
From the academic session 2019-20, the CET entrance examination has been discontinued for many programmes. It will be replaced by National Level Exams. Applicants must fill the application number of the National Level Test (as provided by the concerned national test conducting agency) in the University Application form (online) correctly.
UPDATE (July 31, 2021): IPU CET 2021 Application last date has been extended, read IPU CET 2021 Date Extended.
UPDATE (June 10, 2021): IPU CET 2021 Application Forms are open, check IPU CET Application Procedure.
UPDATE (June 8, 2021): IPU CET 2021 registrations have started, candidates applying for CET Code 131 (B.Tech) will be required to fill JEE Main registration details. Admissions to B.Tech course will be done on the basis of performance in JEE Main Paper-1.
NOTE: IPU CET Application is necessary even for Non-CET programmes like B.Tech.
|Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||IPU CET|
|Exam Mode||No entrance for B.Tech, JEE Main merit to be used|
|Conducted by||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- The candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate must have passed each subject in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/ elective/ functional) in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel/ Persons With Disability will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks.
- All applicants are required to appear in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main Paper 1 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The University shall not conduct its own CET for admissions, but shall be utilizing the merit of JEE Main Paper 1 for its admissions.
- As on August 1, 2021, candidate should not be beyond 21 years.
IPU CET 2021 Application Fee is ₹1,200.
- The registration for IPU CET 2021 will begin from June 8, 2021.
- The last date to register is
July 15, 2021 July 31, 2021August 10, 2021.
- UPDATE (June 10, 2021): IPU CET 2021 Application Forms are open, check IPU CET Application Procedure.
- UPDATE (July 31, 2021): IPU CET 2021 Application last date has been extended, read IPU CET 2021 Date Extended.
NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
- Candidates must fill-up the online application form through IPU CET website.
- Register by filling the general information form and create User Id & Password.
- Fill all the required details like Personal details and Contact details.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature and date of birth document.
- Choose the course code 131 for B.Tech and enter your Qualification details & JEE Main details.
- Pay the examination fee online (by Credit card/Debit Card/NetBanking).
- Save the course registration form for future references.
- Candidates can edit their Application Form after closure of registrations to rectify mistakes (if any).
- Qualification details submitted by the candidate cannot be edited at any stage of application.
- Canidates can edit their Application Form during the specified period.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the merit in JEE Main Paper 1.
- Admissions will be done based on the rank in merit list.
|Start of Application submission||June 8, 2021|
|Deadline for application|
|Exam Date||No exam will be conducted, admissions through JEE Main Paper 1|
Candidates can contact CET Cell through written communication, phone or email.
|CET Cell Contact Information|
|Address||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, |
New Delhi – 110078, Delhi (India)
|Admission Helpline||011-25302169, 011-25302171|