The Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) is a common entrance exam conducted by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy programmes offered by various institutes in the state of Gujarat.
LATEST UPDATE (Apr 17, 2018): GUJCET 2018 Hall Ticket available now, read more here.
- UPDATE (Mar 23, 2018): GUJCET 2018 Registrations started, read more here.
|Exam Name||Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||GUJCET|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper based test)|
|Conducted by||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB)|
- The GUJCET 2018 will be a pen-and-paper based test.
- The exam will be of 3 hours duration consisting of 120 multiple choice questions.
- There will be 120 minutes provided for Physics & Chemistry and 60 minutes for Mathematics/Biology.
- Each question will consist of 1 mark and there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- The medium for examination shall be English, Hindi and Gujarati.
No. of Questions:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
April 23, 2018 (Wednesday)
- Candidates should be of Indian Nationality.
- All candidates should be bonafide residents of Gujarat.
- Bonafide residents of Gujarat who are residing in other states of the country are also eligible.
- Candidates must be passed / appearing in the HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates need to score a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category candidates) in the HSC/12th Standard examination to be eligible.
The syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects will be of Higher Secondary or equivalent examination level.
- The registration for GUJCET 2018 will begin on March 23, 2018.
- UPDATE: GUJCET 2018 Registrations have started, read more here.
- The applicants are required to obtain the user ID and password by paying the application fee via Demand Draft, payable at Ahmedabad and drawn in favour of “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”. Check the list of designated centres here.
- After obtaining the user ID and password, Candidate has to visit the GUJCET website and register.
- Fill the online application form and upload photograph & signature.
- After reviewing the submitted information, the candidates need to submit their application form. An application number will be generated and sent to the registered email address of the applicant after submission.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The admit card can be downloaded from the GUJCET site after it’s notified.
- Please note that admit card will be issued only to those eligible candidates who have submitted their application form complete in all respect, on or before the last date.
- Candidates are required to bring the Admit Card and valid Photo ID proof on the day of examination.
- UPDATE: GUJCET 2018 Admit Cards are now available, read more here.
- Ahmedabad (Rural)
- Chhota Udaipur
- Provisional Answer key of each version of question paper will be made available on GUJCET website after it’s notified.
- If any candidate is not satisfied with any answer, he/she may challenge it.
- GUJCET merit list will be prepared by considering 60% weightage of the percentile obtained in the theory subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology) in 10+2 examination and 40% weightage of the percentile obtained in the GUJCET 2018 examination.
- The result of the exam will be declared on GUJCET website after it’s notified.
- The candidates will be able to obtain the GUJCET 2018 result by using their application number.
The GUJCET Counselling is conducted by ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Courses), Gujarat.
- Candidates who have qualified the common entrance test, will have to register for the counselling process.
- The candiate can obtain the information booklet and PIN from any designated bank branch of Kotak Mahindra Bank after payment of Rs 350.
- Candidates need to fill the online form and submit the copies of following required documents at the nearest help centre.
10th standard mark sheet 12th standard mark sheet GUJCET mark sheet Transfer certificate Category certificate (if applicable) Passport Size photographs
- Candidates need to verify all these documents at the help centers.
- During the time of counselling, candidates can choose their preference for colleges.
- The final allotment of seats will be based on the merit of candidates, availability of seats and category.
|Notification of application form||February 20, 2018|
|Issue of application form||March 23, 2018|
|Last date for otaining User ID||April 6, 2018|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||April 7, 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||April 17, 2018|
|Date of GUJCET||April 23, 2018|
|Release of Answer Key||April 2018|
|Declaration of Result||May 2018|