CUSAT Common Admission Test 2022
The Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT) is conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology for admission to its various professional degree courses. B.Tech programmes are offered at SOE CUSAT, CUCEK and KMSME. Test code for all B.Tech programmes is 101.
|Exam Name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test|
|Also Known As||CUSAT CAT|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
UPDATE (May 18, 2022): Exam Pattern for CUSAT CAT 2022 exam has been changed, read CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Pattern.
UPDATE (May 4, 2022): Revised date for CUSAT CAT 2022 exam has been announced, read CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Date.
UPDATE (Mar 30, 2022): CUSAT CAT Application editing provision is made available in the candidate profile till April 2, 2022.
UPDATE (Mar 23, 2022): CUSAT CAT 2022 exam date to be revised soon.
UPDATE (Mar 8, 2022): CUSAT CAT 2022 last date has been extended, read CUSAT CAT 2022 Last Date Extended.
UPDATE (Feb 9, 2022): CUSAT CAT Applications are now open. Refer CUSAT CAT Application Procedure.
UPDATE (Feb 9, 2022): CUSAT CAT Applications will be opening soon, Subscribe to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
What’s New from CUSAT CAT 2022?
|#||Old Pattern||New Pattern|
|Duration||3 hours||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||+3 (for correct), -1 (for incorrect)||+3 (for correct), -1 (for incorrect)|
- The exam will be a computer based test of 3 hours duration.
- There will be 200 objective type multiple choice questions from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry subjects.
- Physics and Chemistry section will be conducted first (90 minutes), followed by Mathematics section (90 minutes).
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- Check Qualifying Marks.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Section (Time)||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|I (90 Min)||Physics||60||180|
|II (90 Min)||Mathematics||100||300|
|Total (180 Min)||200||600|
May 15 – May 17, 2022 June 22 – June 24, 2022
For Test Code 101: June 22, 2022
- 09:30 AM – 12:30 PM (For Test Code 101)
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Appearing / Pass in the plus two examination of the State of Kerala or equivalent.
- Secured a minimum of 50% marks (45% for Kerala SEBC) in Mathematics (Not required for Kerala SC/ST).
- Secured at least 50% marks (45% for Kerala SEBC) in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together (Not required for Kerala SC/ST).
Course-Specific Additional Eligibility
- For B.Tech. Marine Engineering, candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together and passed English subject. No relaxation for KSC/KST/SEBC candidates.
- For B.Tech. Naval Architecture and Ship Building, candidates must have secured at least 60% marks (55% for Kerala SEBC) in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together (Not required for Kerala SC/ST).
- For Integrated Msc. in Computer Science course, candidates must have qualified KVPY Scholarship OR secured at least 75% marks in class XII with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
- For Integrated Msc. Science courses, candidates must have secured at least 75% marks in class XII with science subjects.
- For B.Tech. Marine Engineering, the maximum age limit prescribed is 25 years as on 1st September of the year of admission.
50% seats of Self‐financing B Tech Programmes are reserved for Keralites as State Merit Seats with lower rate of fees, 45% seats are earmarked as All India Merit Seats which can be opted by both Keralite as well as Non-Keralite candidates and 5% seats are reserved for NRIs.
A candidate will be considered as “Keralite” if the candidate fulfils one of the following criterion.
- He/She or his/her father/ mother was born in Kerala.
- He/She has been a resident of Kerala for a period of 5 years within a period of 12 Years.
- He/She has undergone his/her school studies from standards VIII to XII in educational institutions(s) in Kerala.
- Children of All India Service (AIS) Officers (Non‐Keralites) allotted to Kerala circle are deemed to be “Keralites” eligible for non-category seats.
It’s same as that of Plus Two syllabus.
- The official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for CUSAT CAT.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- Mock test is for practice purpose only.
Past Question Papers
See previous year Question Papers and Answers here.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Application Fee is as follows:
|Kerala SC/Kerala ST||₹500|
- The registration for CUSAT CAT 2022 will begin on February 8, 2022.
- The last date to register without late fee is
March 7, 2022March 25, 2022.
- The last date to register with late fee of ₹100 is
March 14, 2022March 31, 2022.
- NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
- Candidates are required to register on the CUSAT website.
- A valid E-mail ID and an active mobile number must be used for registration.
- Furnish all the details in the Online Application and upload the required documents.
- Required documents include a recent colour photograph and scanned image of candidate’s signature.
- Choose the courses and qualification.
- Pay the Application Fee using a Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- On succesful payment, choose one of the test centres where seats are available.
- After centre selection, a final preview will be displayed. Wait for the confirmation from the University which may take at least two working days.
- After the approval, download the confirmation page and save it for future reference.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The admit card can be downloaded from the CUSAT site after it’s notified.
- The Test Venue, Time and Roll Number will be printed on the Admit Card.
- Candidates are required to produce the admit card at the test centre without which entry will not be allowed.
- Candidates must retain the downloaded Admit Card till the admission process is over.
Test Cities in Kerala
Test Cities Outside Kerala
- New Delhi
- The answer keys of Computer based examination will be made available on the CUSAT website as per schedule.
- The candidates who aren’t satisfied with any answer can challenge the answer keys online before the deadline.
- The recorded responses of the candidates will also be made available to candidates along with the answer keys.
- Candidates need to obtain a minimum score of 10 marks in each section namely, Section I (Physics & Chemistry), and Section II (Mathematics) in CUSAT CAT Test 101 to be included in the rank list.
- For candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste and Kerala Scheduled Tribe, no minimum qualifying marks is prescribed.
Result / Rank List
- A rank list will be prepared based on the merit obtained in CUSAT CAT.
- Only the candidates who fulfill the Qualifying criteria will be included in the Rank list (Check Qualifying Marks).
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the rank secured in CUSAT CAT.
- 50% seats are reserved for Keralites as State Merit Seats with lower rate of fees, 45% seats are earmarked as All India Merit Seats which can be opted by both Keralite as well as Non-Keralite candidates and 5% seats are reserved for NRIs.
- Candidates who clear the test and are included in the Rank list for admission will be given the facility for “Option Registration” after the Common Admission Test (CAT).
- Candidates can choose the Branch and Seat Category (SM/ AIM/ NRI) in the order of preference during Option registration.
- No documents are required to be sent to the University by post.
|Commencement of Online Registration||February 8, 2022|
|Last date for Online Submission without late fee|
|Last date for Online Submission with late fee|
|Last date for payment of fees|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||May 1, 2022|
|Date of Examination|
Candidates can contact CUSAT through written communication, phone or email.
|CUSAT Kerala Contact Information|
|Address||Cochin University of Science and Technology,|
Kochi-682022, Kerala (India)