COMEDK Under Graduate Entrance Test 2023
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” to determine the merit of students in an effective, fair, transparent, and non-exploitative testing procedure. Presently there are around 150 Engineering colleges that are affiliated with COMEDK and utilize its testing mechanism for taking admission to UG Programme.
|Exam Name||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka|
|Also Known As||COMEDK UGET|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
UPDATE (Jun 10, 2023): COMEDK UGET 2023 result declared, read COMEDK UGET Result.
UPDATE (May 30, 2023): Provisional Answer Keys for COMEDK UGET 2023 are now available, check COMEDK UGET Answer Keys.
UPDATE (May 18, 2023): COMEDK UGET 2023 Test Admission Ticket released, read COMEDK UGET Admit Card.
UPDATE (Apr 24, 2023): Last date to apply for COMEDK UGET 2023 has been extended, read COMEDK UGET 2023 Last Date Extended.
UPDATE (Mar 23, 2023): Official Mock Test for COMEDK UGET 2023 has been released, check COMEDK UGET Official Mock Test.
UPDATE (Feb 15, 2023): COMEDK UGET 2023 Applications have started, check COMEDK UGET 2023 Application Procedure.
UPDATE (Feb 6, 2023): COMEDK applications will open from February 15, Subscribe to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
UPDATE (Jan 20, 2023): COMEDK UGET 2023 exam date has been announced, read COMEDK UGET 2023 Exam Date.
UPDATE (Jan 5, 2023): COMEDK applications are expected to open in February, Subscribe to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
- It will be an online computer-based test.
- There will be 3 sections namely Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- There will be 60 questions in each section.
- Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The medium of the examination will be English Only.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
May 28, 2023
- Shift 1: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Shift 2: 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- All the eligible students in the country can appear for the COMEDK examination.
- SC/ST and OBC candidates belonging to Karnataka state are only eligible to get the benefit of lower eligible qualifying marks.
Eligibility for Admission
For Engineering courses
- Second PUC OR
- 10+2 Higher Secondary OR
- Equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Govt.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates need to secure a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% marks for SC, ST, and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates should also have passed these subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) individually with English as a compulsory subject.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
- Candidates must take the COMEDK UGET exam for engineering admissions through COMEDK.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the COMEDK UGET exam as there are no lateral entry admissions.
For Architecture courses
- Second PUC OR
- 10+2 Higher Secondary OR
- Equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects OR
- 10+3 Diploma recognized by State / Central Govt.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45% marks for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State)
- Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (45% marks for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State)
- All the candidates (including SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) seeking admission to B.Arch shall pass the NATA examination in 2023.
- Check NATA Qualifying marks here.
- There shall be no other entrance test for candidates seeking admission to B.Arch. course.
- Candidates seeking B.Arch. course need to apply separately for participation in counselling.
The entrance test is based on the existing syllabus of class 11th (33% Questions) and class 12th (67% Questions) of CBSE.
- The official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for COMEDK UGET.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer-based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- The mock test is for practice purposes only.
- UPDATE: Official Mock Test for COMEDK UGET can be checked here: COMEDK UGET Official Mock Test.
COMEDK UGET 2023 Application Fee is ₹1800 (₹2950 for both COMEDK UGET and Uni-GAUGE).
- The registrations for COMEDK UGET 2023 examination will begin on February 15, 2023 (12.00 PM).
- The last date to apply is
April 24, 2023April 27, 2023 (11 AM).
- NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
NEW: Check detailed steps for filling Application Form here.
- Candidates need to visit the COMEDK website and fill the prescribed application form.
- Upload required documents including Photograph, Signature, Signature of Father/Guardian, and unique ID proof.
- Pay the application fee online using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet banking.
- Save the application summary page for future reference.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in selected application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- Candidates will be able to rectify any inadvertent mistake committed in uploading their photo and signature as well as in entering their academic details.
- Editing option for critical areas like applicant name, date of birth, email id, phone number, ID proof, and Test city preference is not allowed.
- The correction window will be open as per schedule.
- The candidates will not get the option of choosing a specific session to appear for the COMEDK UGET entrance examination.
- The allotment of session and test centre will be randomly done through computer software by COMEDK.
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar/ Naharlagun|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar/ Durg|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Anekal)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Banashankari)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Banerghatta Main Road)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Dodaballapur)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Hesaraghatta Main Road)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near K R Puram)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Kengeri)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Kudlu Gate)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Peenya)|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (Near Yelahanka Intl. Airport)|
|Karnataka||Uttara Kannada (Haliyal)|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
|Uttar Pradesh||Noida/ Greater Noida|
- The test cities are allotted to candidates on first come first serve basis.
- A candidate can choose and select 3 cities in order of preference at the time of applying for the exam.
- The option of the city chosen by the candidate cannot be changed subsequently under any circumstance.
- The allocated center and slot will be mentioned in the online test admission ticket (online TAT).
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The Online Test Admission Ticket (Online TAT) can be downloaded from the COMEDK website after it’s notified.
- Please note that the Test Admission Ticket (TAT) will neither be dispatched by email nor by post/courier nor in person to the candidates under any circumstances.
- The hall ticket will contain the name, photograph, address of the candidate, ID proof details, address of the Test Centre allotted, and test schedule.
- Candidates are required to produce the Test Admission Ticket and the original ID as mentioned in the Application/TAT.
- The Test Admission Ticket is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of Counseling/Admission.
- The answer keys of computer-based examination will be made available on the COMEDK UGET website.
- If a candidate is unsatisfied with an answer, he/she can challenge the answer keys with all necessary enclosures.
- The candidate has to pay a fee of Rs.500 per clarification which will be refunded if the clarification is accepted.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the candidate’s score in the COMEDK UGET exam.
- The result of the exam will be declared on the COMEDK website as per schedule.
- Online Rank Card can be downloaded from the COMEDK website after the declaration of result.
- Admission to COMEDK Member Institutions will be done on merit rank.
- The counselling details will be available on the COMEDK website after the result declaration.
Candidates need to bring the Online Test Admission Ticket, 2 Recent passport size photographs & Unique original photo ID on the day of the exam.
Candidates must not carry any textual material, printed or written bits of papers, or any electronic gadget.
|Start date for registration||February 15, 2023|
|Mock Test made available online||March 23, 2023|
|Last date for online payment|
|Last date for Submission of completed application online|
|Application Form editing window|
|Start date for download of Test Admission Ticket||May 18, 2023|
|COMEDK UGET Exam||May 28, 2023|
|Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys||May 30, 2023|
|Start date for online submission of objections/challenge of Provisional Answer keys||May 30, 2023|
|Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys||June 1, 2023|
|Publishing of Final Answer keys||June 6, 2023|
|Test Score cards made available online to the candidates||June 10, 2023|
Candidates can contact COMEDK through written communication, phone, or email.
|COMEDK Contact Information|
|Address||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka,|
132, Second Floor,11th Main,
117th Cross, Malleswaram,
Bangalore-560055, Karnataka (India)
|Admission Helpline||080-46671060, 7259466698|