Andhra Pradesh EAMCET 2020
The Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (AP-EAMCET) is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK) on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). This Examination is the pre-requisite for admission into various professional courses offered in the University/ Private Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||APEAMCET|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer based test)|
|Conducted by||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK)|
NOTE: You can Subscribe to exam updates to receive all updates on your mobile for free.
- The exam will be a computer based test of 3 hours duration.
- There will be 160 questions in all comprising of 80 questions of Mathematics, 40 questions of Physics, and 40 questions of Chemistry.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The medium of the question paper will be English and Telugu only.
- Note: Candidates who have studied the qualifying examination in Urdu medium and wish to avail assistance for translating the questions into Urdu, will be allotted a Test Centre at Kurnool only.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
To be Announced; Expected: April 2020
- Session 1: 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Session 2: 02:30 PM to 05:30 PM
The candidate does not have the option of choosing a specific date/session to appear for the AP EAMCET entrance examination. This information is known to the candidate only after downloading the Hall Ticket.
For any reason if the candidate fails to appear in the given slot, he/she is treated as absent.
Nationality and Region
- Candidates should be of Indian Nationality or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
- Candidates should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh / Telangana.
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for the final year of Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as optional or related vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology.
- Candidate should obtain at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belongs to reserved category) in the subjects specified taken together in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates should have completed 16 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- There is no upper age limit.
- An official mock test is made available to the candidates appearing for AP-EAMCET.
- Candidates can take the Mock Test to understand the pattern of the computer based test and make themselves familiar with the interface.
- The mock test is for practice purpose only.
- Candidates can access the APEAMCET official Mock Test here: Mock Test 1 | Mock Test 2 | Mock Test 3 (Latest).
Check APEAMCET sample questions for Physics, Chemistry and Maths here.
Past Question Papers
See previous year Question Papers and Answers here.
AP-EAMCET 2020 Application Fee is yet to be announced. Application fee for last year was ₹500.
- The registrations for AP-EAMCET 2020 examination are expected to begin from February 2020.
- The last date to apply without late fee is expected to be March 2020.
- The last date to register with late fee is:
Late Fee Last Date to Register ₹500 April 2020 ₹1000 April 2020 ₹5000 April 2020 ₹10000 April 2020
- Candidates need to visit the EAMCET website and enter basic details.
- Pay the Application fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ AP Online Centre.
- Fill the application form and submit.
- Take a printout of application summary page.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- The correction facility is expected to be available during April 2020.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- The hall ticket can be downloaded from the EAMCET site after it’s notified.
- The hall ticket will have candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, Test Centre Name, Date and Time of examination.
- Candidates are required to produce the hall ticket at the test centre without which entry will not be allowed.
- The preliminary answer keys of AP-EAMCET (Engineering) will be made available on the AP-EAMCET website after it’s notified.
- If anyone is unsatisfied with an answer, the candidate can file an objection on or before the stipulated date along with all supporting documents / justification.
- The decision of the Expert Committee will be final.
- The qualifying percentage of marks for the AP-EAMCET is 25% of the maximum marks.
- For candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe, no minimum qualifying marks are prescribed.
Result / Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared based on the combined score obtained by giving 75% weightage to AP-EAMCET normalized marks and 25% weightage to 10+2 marks.
- The rank card can be downloaded from the EAMCET website.
- The result for AP-EAMCET 2020 is expected to be declared in May 2020.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the merit in the rank list prepared based on the combined score obtained by giving 75% weightage to AP-EAMCET normalized marks and 25% weightage to 10+2 marks.
- The list of institutions with intake in each discipline and category will be available on EAMCET website after the result declaration.
- Students need to bring Hall Ticket along with Filled in Online Application Form with duly affixed recent colour passport size photograph attested by Gazetted Officer (or) the Principal of the College where the candidate has studied the qualifying examination.
- The signature of the candidate and left-hand thumb impression is to be filled in the respective spaces provided in the Filled In Online Application form in the presence of invigilator only.
|Commencement of Online application forms||TBA; Expected: February 2020|
|Last date for submission of online applications without late fee||TBA; Expected: March 2020|
|Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 500||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 1000||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Last date for receipt of online applications with late fee of Rs. 5000||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Downloading of Hall-tickets||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Last date for receipt of applications with late fee of Rs. 10000||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Date of AP EAMCET Examination (Engineering)||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Last Date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||TBA; Expected: April 2020|
|Declaration of Result||TBA; Expected: May 2020|
Candidates can contact APEAMCET through written communication, phone or email.
|APEAMCET Contact Information|
|Address||The Convener, AP-EAMCET 2019 Office,|
Ground Floor, Administrative Building,
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada,
Kakinada-533003, Andhra Pradesh (India)