INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY), VARANASI
Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – 221005
Also Known as
Also known as IIT Varanasi, IIT (BHU) Varanasi and IIT BHU.
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
CONNECTIVITY (How To Reach)
- Railway Station
Nearest Airport: Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport, Babatpur
Distance from Airport: 35km
Nearest Railway Station: Varanasi Cantt. (Junction) Railway Station
Distance from Railway Station: 10km
Next Nearest Railway Station: Mughalsarai Railway Station
Distance from Railway Station: 20km
By NIRF in 2018 : 19
By NIRF in 2017 : 31
By India Today in 2016 : 6
By Outlook India in 2015 : 6
By The Week in 2015 : 10
By Edu Rand in 2015 : 9
MODE OF ADMISSION
- It is a two step process. One needs to qualify JEE (Main) exam and then take JEE (Advanced).
- One must have secured at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST/PwD) in Class XII OR One must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile in his/her respective Class XII board examination.
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Advanced) through JoSAA Counselling.
Please choose the course.
CUTOFF RANKS (OPENING & CLOSING RANKS)
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹9,000|
|One Time Fees||₹5,750|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹1,00,000|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹5,950|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST/PH students.
- Full remission of the Tuition Fee for General and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for General and OBC students whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakh per annum.
Information currently unavailable.
- Rs 2.27 crore per annum offered by Google US
Average Package Offered
Rs. 10.90 lakhs per annum
- Agserve Goomalling
- Applied Materials
- General Motors
- Morgan Stanley
- SAP Labs
- Tata Steel
- Texas instruments
- Rs 2.03 crore per annum offered by Oracle, US (including employee stock option plan (ESOP))
- Rs 1.63 crore per annum offered by Google (including employee stock option plan (ESOP))
- Applied Materials
- Career UTS
- Clavileno Capital
- Epic Systems
- Fire Eye
- Freescale Semiconductor
- Futures First
- Goldman Sachs
- Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Hospira HealthCare
- Microsoft India
- Microsoft Redmond
- Microsoft Sales
- Orbees Medical
- Oyo Rooms
- Samsung Bangalore
- Sygmoid Analytics
- Tata Motors
- United Health Group
- Works Applications
Highest Package Offered : Rs 65 lakh per annum offered by Microsoft