INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (Dept. of Space, Govt. of India), Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695547
Also Known as
Also known as IIST Thiruvananthapuram.
CONNECTIVITY (How To Reach)
|NIRF Engineering Rankings||40 (2021)||33 (2020)|
|ARIIA Public Institution (State Govt. / Govt. Aided Universities) Rankings||6-25 (2020)||--|
MODE OF ADMISSION
Please choose the course.
CUTOFF RANKS (OPENING & CLOSING RANKS)
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹1,500|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other Fees (per Semester)||₹5,450|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester)||₹3,000|
|Electricity & Water Charges (per Semester)||₹750|
|Other Fees (per Semester)||₹5,000|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹15,000|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST/PH students.
- Full remission of the Tuition Fee for General, EWS, and OBC-NCL students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for General, EWS, and OBC-NCL students whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakh per annum.
- Merit Scholarship I: The top 5 students admitted who have secured JEE Advanced AIR up to 1000 would be entitled to a full fee waiver for the first year. Candidates have to maintain a CGPA of 9.0 and above at the end of each year to obtain a full fee waiver for the subsequent year.
- Merit Scholarship II: 10% of the students admitted who secure a CGPA of 9.0 and above in a given semester would receive a 50 percent Tuition fee waiver in the next semester.
Students will be eligible for recruitment to the post of Scientist/ Engineer-SC based on the notified vacancies in different specializations by ISRO/DOS and subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Interested students securing a CGPA of 7.0 or above (on a scale of 10) at the end of 6th semester (B.Tech)/ 8th semester (Dual Degree) will be eligible to appear for a job placement interview organized by ISRO Headquarters.
- Eligible candidates will be interviewed by the ISRO Expert Committee.
- Students should secure a minimum CGPA of 7.5 (on a scale of 10) at the end of B.Tech/ Dual Degree Programmes.
- Students are also required to be fully medically fit as per ISRO norms.
Outside ISRO Placements
Average Package Offered
Rs. 6.20 Lakhs per Annum
|Range of Offered Salary||Rs. 4.00 lakhs to Rs. 8.10 lakhs per annum|
- ESSI Integrated
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- SatSure Analytics
- Subex Limited
Average Package Offered
|Branch||Avg CTC (in LPA)|
|Branch||Range of Offered Salary|
|Avionics||Rs. 4.50 lakhs to Rs. 7.40 lakhs per annum|
|Aerospace Engineering||Rs. 4.50 lakhs to Rs. 6.10 lakhs per annum|
- Agnikul Cosmos
- Finisar Technology
- Tata Advance Systems