INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (Dept. of Space, Govt. of India), Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695547
Also Known as
Also known as IIST Thiruvananthapuram.
CONNECTIVITY (How To Reach)
|NIRF Engineering Rankings||33 (2020)||30 (2019)|
|ARIIA Public Institution (State Govt. / Govt. Aided Universities) Rankings||6-25 (2020)||--|
MODE OF ADMISSION
Please choose the course.
CUTOFF RANKS (OPENING & CLOSING RANKS)
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹1,500|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other Fees (per Semester)||₹5,450|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester)||₹3,000|
|Electricity & Water Charges (per Semester)||₹750|
|Other Fees (per Semester)||₹5,000|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹15,000|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST/PH students.
- Full remission of the Tuition Fee for General, EWS, and OBC-NCL students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for General, EWS, and OBC-NCL students whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakh per annum.
IIST provides financial assistance that covers covers full/part of the semester fee paid by the candidate. An additional Book allowance of Rs. 3000 per semester is also provided.
- For General and OBC category students, on securing a GPA of 7.5 and above in any semester, the student becomes eligible for the full semester fee as DoS assistanceship.
- For SC/ST and PD category students, on securing a GPA of 6.5 and above in any semester, the student becomes eligible for the full semester fee as DoS assistanceship.
- For SC/ST and PD category students, on securing a GPA between 5.5 and 6.5 in any semester, the student becomes eligible for the semester tuition fee as DoS assistance.
As performance based financial assistance is provided by DOS to the B.Tech. and Dual degree program students of IIST, ISRO/DOS will have the first right to absorb them, subject to the human resource requirements of ISRO/DOS.
Students who are offered a job in ISRO/DOS are mandated to serve as Scientist/Engineer-‘SC’ in any ISRO/DOS centres for a minimum period of 3 years. The basic emoluments at present will be approximately Rs.56,100 p.m along with House Rent Allowance (HRA) and Transport Allowance.
On failing to accept the job offer, a student is liable to pay Rs.10 lakhs to IIST/DOS as per the Surety Bond executed at the time of admission to B.Tech. and Dual degree Programmes in IIST.
Outside ISRO Placements
For the students who are not absorbed in ISRO/DoS establishments, the placement cell of IIST shall put its best efforts to get placement opportunities, in other reputed private/government organisations through campus interviews.
Average Package Offered
Rs. 6.20 Lakhs per Annum
|Range of Offered Salary||Rs. 4.00 lakhs to Rs. 8.10 lakhs per annum|
- ESSI Integrated
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- SatSure Analytics
- Subex Limited
Average Package Offered
|Branch||Avg CTC (in LPA)|
|Branch||Range of Offered Salary|
|Avionics||Rs. 4.50 lakhs to Rs. 7.40 lakhs per annum|
|Aerospace Engineering||Rs. 4.50 lakhs to Rs. 6.10 lakhs per annum|
- Agnikul Cosmos
- Finisar Technology
- Tata Advance Systems