IIST Thiruvananthapuram Admissions 2018
The notification for admission to B.Tech and Dual Degree programmes at IIST Thiruvananthapuram for the session 2018-19 is released. The online registration will start on
May 22, 2018 June 5, 2018.
The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Date of Birth
- Candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
- There’s a relaxation of 5 years for SC, ST and PD candidates.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination.
- The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD candidates should be at least 65%.
- Marks scored in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Any Language and Any other subject will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion.
Marks in JEE (Advanced) 2018
- General Candidates (GEN) Candidates: At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Other Backward Community Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) Candidates: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
Criteria of Selection
Admissions will be based on the aggregate marks scored in JEE (Advanced) – 2018 Examination.
₹600 (for Male GEN/OBC-NCL), ₹300 (for Female GEN/OBC-NCL), ₹300 (for SC/ST/PD).
- The registration for IIST Thiruvananthapuram Admissions 2018 will begin on June 5, 2018 (10 AM).
- The last date to register is
June 15, 2018 (11 PM)June 18, 2018.
- UPDATE: IIST Thiruvananthapuram Admissions 2018 Registrations have started, read more here.
How to apply
- The aspiring candidate should go to IIST Admissions portal.
- Click on the “Create Login and Register Online” link.
- Enter valid JEE (Advanced) roll number and Date of Birth and click on Proceed.
- Fill the Application form with the required information and submit.
- Note the IIST Registration Number generated after submitting the form.
- Use SBI-COLLECT to remit the registration fee.
- Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria.
- Rank list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained by the candidate in JEE (Advanced) – 2018 Examination.
- All the registered eligible candidates whose name appear in the IIST UG Admission rank list have to fill their choice of branch in the order of preference.
- At the end of the specified date/time, their choices will be automatically locked. Further changing of choices will not be possible.
- Students are strictly advised to choose a branch of study based on their interest and preference only. It is NOT mandatory to give all the three choices.
- A candidate who secures a confirmed seat during a seat allocation round, has to accept the seat by paying a sum of Rs.48400 online as the total fee for the first semester, before the specified date/time.
- He/She also has to upload the scanned image of all the mark sheets and certificates, before the specified date/time.
- He/She then has to report to the any of the 15 specified ISRO centres for verification of original certificates/mark sheets, before the specified date/time.
- There is NO option to freeze a seat, thus a candidate shall be automatically slided to his/her higher preference/choice when the vacancy arises there during the subsequent seat allocation rounds.
- If a candidate does not accept a seat allotted to him/her in any round, the allotment will be cancelled and he/she will be totally removed from all the subsequent seat allotment rounds.
- To be Announced.
|Opening of Online Registration|
|Closing of Online Registration|
|Publication of IIST Admission Rank list|
To know more about IIST Thiruvananthapuram, go here.