IIST Thiruvananthapuram Admissions 2021
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Thiruvananthapuram is an autonomous institute under the Department of Space, Govt. of India. It conducts institutional level counselling for admission to its B.Tech and Dual Degree programmes.
Admissions will be done based on the marks scored in JEE (Advanced) 2021.
UPDATE (September 1, 2021): IIST Thiruvananthapuram has released the admission notification for the academic year 2021-22. Registrations will start from October 6, 2021.
The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Date of Birth
- Candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1996.
- There’s a relaxation of 5 years for SC, ST and PD candidates.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have
secured at least 75% aggregate markspassed in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination.
- The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD candidates should be at least
- Marks scored in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, any one language, and any other subject will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion.
Marks in JEE (Advanced)
- General Candidates (GEN) Candidates: At least 16% marks in aggregate and at least 4% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Other Backward Community Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 14.4% marks in aggregate and at least 3.6% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) Candidates: At least 8% marks in aggregate and at least 2% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
Criteria of Selection
Admissions will be based on the aggregate marks scored in JEE (Advanced) – 2021 Examination.
The prescribed fee for IIST Admissions 2021 is as follows:
|GEN/ EWS/ OBC-NCL Male candidate||₹600|
|GEN/ EWS/ OBC-NCL Female candidate||₹300|
|All SC/ ST/ PD candidates||₹300|
- The registration for IIST Thiruvananthapuram Admissions 2021 will begin on October 6, 2021.
- The last date to register is October 20, 2021.
- The aspiring candidate should go to the IIST Admissions portal.
- Click on the “Create Login and Register Online” link.
- Enter valid JEE (Advanced) roll number and Date of Birth and click on Proceed.
- Fill the Application form with the required information and click on Submit.
- Upload soft copy of the same photograph that you have used for JEE (Advanced) registration.
- Note the IIST Registration Number generated after submitting the form.
- Use SBI-COLLECT to remit the registration fee.
- Category-wise Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria.
- Rank list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained by the candidate in JEE (Advanced) – 2021 Examination.
- All the registered eligible candidates whose name appear in the IIST UG Admission rank list have to fill their choice of branch in the order of preference.
- At the end of the specified date/time, their choices will be automatically locked. Further change of choices will not be possible.
- Students are strictly advised to choose a branch of study based on their interest and preference. It is NOT mandatory to give all three choices.
- A candidate who secures a confirmed seat during a seat allocation round has to accept the seat by paying the total fee for the first semester online, before the specified date/time.
- Candidates (all categories) are required to make an online payment of First Semester Fee amounting to ₹20,700 before the specified date/time.
- Candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of all the mark sheets and certificates, before the specified date/time.
- Candidates who are satisfied with the seat allotment are required to choose the FREEZE option and proceed to confirm seat acceptance. Such candidates will not be further considered for their higher preferences if any.
- Candidates who wish to be considered for their higher preferences but would like to confirm their allotted seat are required to choose the SLIDE option and proceed to confirm seat acceptance. Such candidates shall be automatically slid to their higher preference/choice when the vacancy arises during the subsequent seat allocation rounds.
- If a candidate does not accept a seat allotted to him/her in any round, the allotment will be cancelled and he/she will be removed from all the subsequent seat allotment rounds.
- Candidates whose names are present in the Rank List and haven’t been allotted a seat will be placed on Waiting List.
- All registered candidates who are on the published Waiting List are required to confirm their willingness to be considered in the subsequent rounds of seat allotment by logging into the Online Admission portal and selecting the RE-VALIDATE option on specified dates .
- Candidates who do not RE-VALIDATE their registrations within the specified dates will no longer be included in the subsequent Waiting List and hence shall NOT be considered for further admission.
- Candidates who have accepted the seat by remitting the First Semester Fee and who wish to forfeit their accepted seat can select the WITHDRAWAL option and fill the Withdrawal Form indicating their bank account details for fee refund.
- The refund amount will be as per the IIST Refund Policy.
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹1,500|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other Fees (per Semester)||₹5,450|
|1. Tuition Fee for SC/ST/PH students is ₹0.|
2. Tuition Fee for General, EWS, and OBC-NCL students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum is ₹0.
3. Tuition Fee for General, EWS, and OBC-NCL students whose family income is less than Rs.5 lakh per annum is ₹20,850.
- Merit Scholarship I: The top 5 students admitted who have secured JEE Advanced AIR up to 1000 would be entitled to a full fee waiver for the first year. Candidates have to maintain a CGPA of 9.0 and above at the end of each year to obtain a full fee waiver for the subsequent year.
- Merit Scholarship II: 10% of the students admitted who secure a CGPA of 9.0 and above in a given semester would receive a 50 percent Tuition fee waiver in the next semester.
|Date of Receipt of Withdrawal Application||Refund Amount|
|15 days or more before the formally notified last date of admission||Aggregate fees deposited after deduction of Rs. 1000|
|Less than 15 days before the formally notified last date of admission||Aggregate fees deposited after deduction of 10% fees & medical charges|
|15 days or less after the formally notified last date of admission||Aggregate fees deposited after deduction of 20% fees & medical charges|
|30 days or less after the formally notified last date of admission||Aggregate fees deposited after deduction of 50% fees & medical charges|
|More than 30 days after the formally notified last date of admission||Nil of the Aggregate fees|
|Note 1: The Caution Money will be refunded to all the candidates.|
|Note 2: The formally notified last date of admission is yet to be announced.|
|Opening of Online Registration||October 6, 2021|
|Closing of Online Registration||October 20, 2021|
|Publication of IIST Admission Rank list||October 21, 2021|
|Choice Filling closes||October 22, 2021|
|Counselling Rounds||October 23 – December 2, 2021|
|Commencement of Classes||December 7, 2021|
To know more about IIST Thiruvananthapuram, go here.
Candidates can contact IIST through written communication, phone, or email.
|IIST Contact Information|
|Address||Chairperson, UG Admissions,|
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology,
Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram-695547, Kerala (India)
|Phone||0471-2568477, 0471-2568478, 0471-2568618, 0471-2568418|