IIST Thiruvananthapuram Admissions 2019
Applications Closing Soon
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Thiruvananthapuram is an autonomous institute under the Department of Space, Govt. of India. It conducts institutional level counselling for admission to its B.Tech and Dual Degree programmes.
UPDATE (Nov 30, 2018): IIST Thiruvananthapuram has released the admission notification for the academic year 2019-20. Admissions will be done on the basis of marks scored in JEE (Advanced) 2019.
The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Date of Birth
- Candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1994.
- There’s a relaxation of 5 years for SC, ST and PD candidates.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination.
- The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD candidates should be at least 65%.
- Marks scored in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, any one language, and any other subject will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion.
Marks in JEE (Advanced) 2019
- General Candidates (GEN) Candidates: At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- Other Backward Community Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) Candidates: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
Criteria of Selection
Admissions will be based on the aggregate marks scored in JEE (Advanced) – 2019 Examination.
The registration fee for IIST Admissions 2019 is yet to be announced.
The prescribed fee for the previous year was:
|GEN/OBC-NCL Male candidate||₹600|
|GEN/OBC-NCL Female candidate||₹300|
- The registration for IIST Thiruvananthapuram Admissions 2019 will begin on May 22, 2019.
- The last date to register is June 5, 2019.
- The aspiring candidate should go to IIST Admissions portal.
- Click on the “Create Login and Register Online” link.
- Enter valid JEE (Advanced) roll number and Date of Birth and click on Proceed.
- Fill the Application form with the required information and submit.
- Note the IIST Registration Number generated after submitting the form.
- Use SBI-COLLECT to remit the registration fee.
- Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria.
- Rank list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained by the candidate in JEE (Advanced) – 2019 Examination.
- All the registered eligible candidates whose name appear in the IIST UG Admission rank list have to fill their choice of branch in the order of preference.
- At the end of the specified date/time, their choices will be automatically locked. Further changing of choices will not be possible.
- Students are strictly advised to choose a branch of study based on their interest and preference only. It is NOT mandatory to give all the three choices.
- A candidate who secures a confirmed seat during a seat allocation round has to accept the seat by paying a sum of Rs.48400 online as the total fee for the first semester, before the specified date/time.
- He/She also has to upload the scanned image of all the mark sheets and certificates, before the specified date/time.
- He/She then has to report to the any of the 15 specified ISRO centres for verification of original certificates/mark sheets, before the specified date/time.
- There is NO option to freeze a seat, thus a candidate shall be automatically slid to his/her higher preference/choice when the vacancy arises there during the subsequent seat allocation rounds.
- If a candidate does not accept a seat allotted to him/her in any round, the allotment will be cancelled and he/she will be totally removed from all the subsequent seat allotment rounds.
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹13,000|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹20,000|
|Hostel Charges (per Semester (4 months))||₹2,400|
|Dining Charges (per Semester)||₹12,000|
|Establishment Charges (per Semester)||₹8,000|
|Student Amenities Fee (per Semester)||₹4,000|
|Medical Fee (per Semester)||₹2,000|
IIST provides financial assistance funded by the Department of Space (DoS), Government of India for students admitted to B.Tech. and Dual degree Programmes. The assistantship covers full/part of the semester fee paid by the candidate. An additional Book allowance of Rs. 3000 per semester is also provided.
For General and OBC category students, on securing a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 7.5 and above (on a scale of 10) in any semester, the student becomes eligible for the full semester fee as DoS assistance-ship and hence the full semester fee shall be refunded at the end of the semester.
For SC/ST and PD category students, on securing a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.5 and above (on a scale of 10) in any semester, the student becomes eligible for the full semester fee as DoS assistance-ship while on securing a GPA between 5.5 and 6.5 (in a scale of 10) in any semester, the student becomes eligible for the semester tuition fee as DoS assistance.
- To be Announced.
|Opening of Online Registration||May 22, 2019|
|Closing of Online Registration||June 5, 2019|
|Publication of IIST Admission Rank list||TBA; Expected: 3rd week of June 2019|
|Choice Filling||TBA; Expected: 4th week of June 2019|
To know more about IIST Thiruvananthapuram, go here.
Candidates can contact IIST through written communication, phone or email.
|IIST Contact Information|
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology,
Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram-695547, Kerala (India)
|Phone||0471-2568477, 0471-2568618, 0471-2568418|