IISc Bangalore Admissions 2018
IISc Bangalore has released the notification for admission to Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme.
Admissions will be done through:
- JEE (Main)
- JEE (Advanced)
- Candidates must have completed II PUC / 12th Standard in 2017 or expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2018.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC / 12th Standard.
- Candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the II PUC / 12th Standard examination.
Candidates must have appeared in one of the following national examinations:
- KVPY-SA: Appeared in 2016 and selected for the Fellowship
- KVPY-SB: Appeared in 2017 and selected for the Fellowship
- KVPY-SX: Appeared in 2017 and selected for the Fellowship
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates: Appeared in 2016 for SA, 2017 for SB/SX and selected for the Fellowship
- JEE (Main): Appearing in 2018 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)
- JEE (Advanced): Appearing in 2018 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)
- NEET-UG: Appearing in 2018 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD).
A total of 120 seats are available for Bachelor of Science (Research) course.
Criteria of Selection
- The selection will be based on the performance of the applied candidates in any one of the national examinations (mentioned above).
- A separate merit list of candidates who have applied will be prepared for each of these national examinations and the seats will be offered based on the performance in the respective examination and the number of seats available.
- A candidate who has qualified in multiple examinations listed above will be included in all the appropriate merit lists.
- Separate merit lists will be prepared for candidates belonging to different reserved categories, as per standard Government of India regulations.
₹500 for GN/OBC/KM candidates and ₹250 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
How to apply
- Visit IISc Bangalore Admissions website and click on “Apply to UG Programme”.
- Fill the application form with requisite information.
- Pay the application fee online using Net-Banking / Debit / Credit Card.
- Save the confirmation page for future reference.
|On-line submission of application opens||February 1, 2018|
|On-line submission of application closes||April 30, 2018|
|Admission offers for KVPY candidates||May 2018|
|Other Admission offers||June-July 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||August 1, 2018|