HBTU Kanpur Admissions 2022
Harcourt Butler Technical University (HBTU), Kanpur is a state technical university established in 1921. The institute offers various B.Tech. courses and the admissions are done through institutional level counselling.
UPDATE: HBTU Kanpur has released the admission notification for the academic year 2022-23. Admissions will be done on the basis of All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main) 2022.
NEW: From the year 2022, 5% supernumerary seats are reserved for Other State candidates in each B.Tech. discipline.
The candidate must have appeared for JEE (Main) 2022 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
The candidates must satisfy atleast one of the following:
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination (Class 12th) from any institution located in Uttar Pradesh.
- Candidates whose parents are domicile of Uttar Pradesh. Such candidates need to upload Permanent Residence Certificate of parents.
- Candidates whose parents are defence personnel settled or posted in Uttar Pradesh on the date of JEE (Main) examination.
- Candidates whose parents are officers or employees of All India Services belonging to Uttar Pradesh Cadre.
OR Other state candidates can seek admission in 5% supernumerary seats.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have passed Intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board/ University with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) in three subjects with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The third subject can be one of the subjects from Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, and Computer Science.
- General candidates of U.P.
- Girls of U.P.
- Economically Weaker Section of U.P.
- Scheduled Caste of U.P.
- Scheduled Tribe of U.P.
- OBC – Non Creamy Layer of U.P.
- Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P.
- Wards of Defence Personnel of U.P.
- Persons with Disability of U.P.
- General candidate (Other State)
- Scheduled Caste (Other State)
- Scheduled Tribe (Other State)
- OBC – Non Creamy Layer (Other State)
Criteria of Selection
- Admissions will be based on the All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main) 2022 examination.
The prescribed registration fee for HBTU Kanpur Admissions is ₹2,500.
- The registration for HBTU Kanpur Admissions 2022 will begin on August 26, 2022.
- The last date to register is September 30, 2022.
How to apply
- The aspiring candidate is required to visit the HBTU Admissions website.
- Click on “New Candidate Registration”.
- Fill up the required details and click on “Submit”.
- Complete the registration form and pay the application fees online.
Filling-in of Choices
- Candidates who have registered for the HBTU Admissions can fill the choices during the choice filling window.
- It is important for candidates to carefully prioritise the academic programs while filling-in the choices.
- A candidate who has been allocated a seat is required to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee online during the specified window and then upload the required documents for Online document verification.
- The Seat Acceptance Fee is ₹20,000 (₹10,000 for SC/ST candidates) and is to be deposited only once.
- In case the candidate fails to upload the required documents on prescribed date and time or fails to upload desired documents, his/her candidature will be cancelled and his/her Seat Acceptance Fee will be refunded after a deduction of Rs.5,000.
- Candidates are required to choose from one of the Acceptance options (Freeze / Float) online and pay the requisite fees.
- Candidates choosing “Freeze” option need to deposit the remaining Annual Academic Fee within the stipulated time period.
- Seat Acceptance Fee deposited by the candidate will be adjusted towards the Annual Academic Fee in case the candidate gets admitted at HBTU Kanpur.
- Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that they are content with the allocated academic program and that they do not want to participate in next round of seat allocation. Such candidates will NOT be considered in subsequent rounds.
- Such candidates are required to deposit the balanced Annual Academic Fee (after deducting the Seat Acceptance fee) in the stipulated time period.
- Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program of better/higher preference in the given choices is offered, they will accept it. Else, they will continue with the currently accepted academic program. Such candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds.
- Candidates reject the allotted seat and will be considered in subsequent rounds.
- Such candidates will get their Seat Acceptance Fee and Academic Fee (if deposited) refunded after a deduction of Rs.5,000.
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹2,800|
|Tuition Fee (per Year)||₹75,000|
|Other Fees (per Year)||₹52,200|
- If a candidate fails to report for document verification on prescribed date and time or fails to produce desired documents, his/her candidature will be cancelled and his/her Seat Acceptance Fee will be refunded after a deduction of Rs.5,000.
- If a candidate wants to withdraw his/her candidature after seat allotment and document verification, then his/her Seat Acceptance Fee and Balance Fee deposited will be refunded after a deduction of Rs.5,000.
|Online Application Forms Opens||August 26, 2022|
|Last date for Registration and online Fee Payment||September 30, 2022|
|Online Choice filling||August 26 – September 30, 2022|
|Seat allocation (1st round)||October 4, 2022|
|Online Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee||October 5 – October 8, 2022|
|Online Document Verification||October 5 – October 8, 2022|
|Balance Academic Fee Deposition (For Freeze option only)||October 5 – October 8, 2022|
|Withdrawal (1st round)||October 9, 2022|
|Display of seats vacancy||October 10, 2022|
|Seat allocation (2nd round)||October 11, 2022|
|Online Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee||October 12 – October 15, 2022|
|Online Document Verification||October 12 – October 15, 2022|
|Balance Academic Fee Deposition (For Freeze option only)||October 12 – October 15, 2022|
|Withdrawal (2nd round)||October 16, 2022|
|Display of seats vacancy||October 17, 2022|
|Seat allocation (3rd round)||October 18, 2022|
|Online Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee||October 19 – October 22, 2022|
|Online Document Verification||October 19 – October 22, 2022|
|Balance Academic Fee Deposition||October 19 – October 22, 2022|
|Withdrawal (3rd round)||October 23, 2022|
|Registration Formalities of 1st semester||TBA|
|Commencement of Classes||TBA|
|Display of seats vacancy for Additional counseling||TBA|
|Registration for Additional Round||TBA|
|Seat allocation and Fee Payment (Additional round)||TBA|
To know more about HBTU Kanpur, go here.