HBTU Kanpur Admissions 2018
Harcourt Butler Technical University, Kanpur (HBTU Kanpur) has released the notification for admission to B.Tech programmes for the session 2018-19. Admissions will be on the basis of the rank in JEE (Main).
The candidate must have appeared for JEE (Main) 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.
The candidates must satisfy atleast one of the following:
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination (Class 12th) from any institution located in U.P.
- Candidates whose parents are domicile of U.P.
- Candidates whose parents are defence personnel settled or posted in U.P. on the entrance date of JEE (Main).
- Candidates whose parents are officers or employees of All India Services belonging to U.P. Cadre.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates should have passed Intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University without grace and with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) in three compulsory subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Candidates should also have studied a minimum of five subjects (including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) in the qualifying examination.
Criteria of Selection
- Students should take JEE (Main) – 2018 and must separately apply for HBTU Kanpur seat allotment procedure.
- Admissions are on the basis of the rank in JEE (Main).
- The registration for HBTU Kanpur Admissions 2018 will begin on June 20, 2018.
- The last date to register is June 30, 2018.
- UPDATE: HBTU Kanpur Admissions 2018 Registrations have started, read more here.
How to apply
- Click on Apply Now on HBTU Admissions website or go here.
- Click on “New Candidate Registration”.
- Fill up the required details and click on “Submit”.
- Complete the registration form and pay the application fees online.
Filling-in of Choices
- Candidates who have registered for the HBTU Admissions can fill the choices during the choice filling window from June 26, 2018 to June 30, 2018 upto 5.00 PM.
- It is important for candidates to carefully prioritise the academic programs while filling-in the choices.
- A candidate who has been allocated a seat is required to pay the Seat Retain Fee during the specified window and then report at HBTU for for Document verification & full fee submission.
- The Seat Retain Fee is ₹20,000 (₹12,000 for SC/ST candidates).
- If a candidate is admitted, seat retain fee would be adjusted towards the University admission fee.
- If a candidate wants to withdraw his/her candidature after seat allotment and document verification, then an amount of Rs. 5,000 will be deducted from his/her Seat Retain Fee and the remaining amount will be refunded.
- If a candidate is not able to report for document verification in any round of counselling, then he/she will be permitted in the next round of counselling and an amount of Rs. 5000 will be deducted in lieu of that.
- If a candidate does not report on July 31, 2018, the day of beginning of Academic Session and Registration Formalities of 1st semester at HBTU Kanpur, then his/her admission will be cancelled and fee paid by the candidate will be forfeited and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
|Online Application Forms Opens||June 20, 2018|
|Last date for Registration and online Fee Payment||June 30, 2018|
|Online Choice filling||June 26, 2018 – June 30, 2018 (5 PM)|
|Seat allocation (1st round)||July 3, 2018|
|Online Payment of Seat Retain Fee (1st round)||July 4, 2018 – July 12, 2018|
|Document Verification at HBTU (1st round)||July 11, 2018 – July 13, 2018|
|Withdrawal (1st round)||July 12, 2018|
|Display of seats vacancy||July 14, 2018|
|Seat allocation (2nd round)||July 16, 2018|
|Online Payment of Seat Retain Fee (2nd round)||July 17, 2018 – July 23, 2018|
|Document Verification at HBTU (2nd round)||July 23, 2018 – July 24, 2018|
|Withdrawal (2nd round)||July 23, 2018|
|Display of seats vacancy||July 25, 2018|
|Seat allocation (3rd round)||July 26, 2018|
|Online Payment of Seat Retain Fee (3rd round)||July 27, 2018 – July 30, 2018|
|Withdrawal (3rd round)||July 28, 2018|
|Document Verification at HBTU (3rd round)||July 30, 2018|
|Registration Formalities of 1st semester||July 31, 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||August 1, 2018|
|Display of seats vacancy for Spot Round||August 5, 2018|
|Registration and Fee Payment (Spot round)||August 7, 2018 – August 9, 2018|
|Document Verification (Spot round)||August 10, 2018 – August 11, 2018|
|Seat allocation (Spot round)||August 12, 2018|
|Reporting and Fee Payment (Spot round)||August 14, 2018|
To know more about HBTU Kanpur, go here.